mine i just use walnut oil a dab rubbed in when i get bored or i,m cleaning,View attachment 93088its phillips english walnut oil ,ive had it (small bottle )for years you only need a few drops at a time rub it in let it dry ,touch up if and when ive used it on everything aya,s berrettas annie cz and my last two t3 and a 75.

Last edited:
Ideal cheers bud my mine has lost a bit of its sheen have tried gun stock wax but doesn’t seem to make a difference. Any particular brad u recommend

Ideal cheers bud my mine has lost a bit of its sheen have tried gun stock wax but doesn’t seem to make a difference. Any particular brad u recommend

You wont get a decent oil coat over wax without first stripping the wax off. You can wax over an oiled stock, just not the other way round. I finish my wooden rifle stocks using Liberon Finishing oil. The more coats applied, the deeper the gloss finish. You need a minimum of 6 coats for a decent finish but more is better, allowing a day between coats, preferably two days, with a light rub down in between. You'll end up with a highly durable finish.

Liberons may be a fine furniture finishing oil but it cures to a highly water resistant and durable finish as well as highlighting the wood grain nicely. My T3's GRS laminate stock has been out in all weathers and the 6 or 7 coats I applied to that have not needed any further maintenance other than a polish with a cloth since it was done a few years back..

Last edited:
Back