True 'stalking' of boar?

Just interested if stalking of boar is possible during daylight hours and away from feed stations?

I've no real interest in waiting at a bait station or sitting in a hide/high seat during the night waiting. I do understand this is the most effective way of managing, just wondered if it was possible to stalk in the true sense of the word?

Do they offer it on the continent as apposed to driven?

TIA

Stuart

Short answer is yes. Spent the evening of my 40th birthday (a long time ago) sneaking about in the scrub in Spain and eventually managed a nice 76kg tusker.

yes they do it abroad , now the ultimate is stalking boar at night with a moon, now that is exciting and would urge anyone to have a go at that, atb wayne

Definitely- I had a couple of days summer stalking in the Loire Region as a 60th b day pressie. (Some years ago) V exciting , and a great learning experience that yielded a 90 kg beast, which was butchered on site and transported home in cold boxes. Yum,
If the opportunity arise for you. grab with both hands. You’ll not be disappointed.

Peter

yes they do it abroad , now the ultimate is stalking boar at night with a moon, now that is exciting and would urge anyone to have a go at that, atb wayne

Yes, done that in the Forest of Dean, it certainly gets the adrenalin pumping when you're so close to a big boar that it fills the scope!! What really bought it home to me was that before gralloching a yearling that I'd shot the stalker carefully panned around the waist high crops with the lamp saying that as we'd seen a big boar (est 350lbs) go into the crop he didn't want a nasty surprise and also had me stand ready with his open sighted .457 whilst he dealt with the pig.

Last edited:
Back