Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hillver scope mounts

Hillver scope mounts

I am looking for some Hillver mounts and rings does anyone know who imports them or who stocks them with thanks. Sikadog
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

i had trouble getting some of these. got them from the gun shop barnet in the end (ring mounts not seperate bases and rings) it seams there are two different hillvers as i have some with made in australia on them and these are superior in quality to the ones that dont. to be fair they both hold zero. i have a pair of low hilvers that came off my cz601 i had a leuopold vx3 5-15x44 (i think) on them and you could cycle the bolt but it would snag with a buttler creek.
    they are the made in australia ones if you interested pm me.

Hilver WAS Australian and it seems was put out of business by the anti gun State government there. Howevr the rights to the were sold to Lynx and they moved to South Africa but things it seems didn't work out to they merged or got brought up by Blount who own B-Square and they are now sold under that banner/name. sadly they do not seem to be of the same quality as the originals.

The old Tasco steel mounts were in fact re-badged Hilvers.

I believe you very unlucky as Edgars brothers are still the agents.

Oh you didn't say what exactly your looking for, which type complete set or just rings. they made so many different types. My local-sih shop has a stock of them so i couls ask........................ once we know what you need that is.

Brithunter
    We are back to the problems of putting a 30mm tube scope onto a Monarch, I have just been sold a set of Hillver bases and rings that have solved the problem on my 270 but now I need another set for my 3006 long action Imperial. Thanks for the imformation Kev any more would be gratefully recieved.
    Keith
    Last edited by sikadog; 05-09-2010 at 11:10.

I have a set of bases for a Remmi 700 action and rings for an inch scope - I would be open to reasonable offers

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    Brithunter
    We are back to the problems of putting a 30mm tube scope onto a Monarch, I have just been sold a set of Hillver bases and rings that have solved the problem on my 270 but now I need another set for my 3006 long action Imperial. Thanks for the imformation Kev any more would be gratefully recieved.
    Keith
    Hilver made them to fit the Brno ZKK 600 series which of course has the same size dove tails as the BSA Monarch. You would have to file off the peg that locates in the notch on the left hand side of the Brno but I have seen this down on the one piece Zeiss Jena scope mounts for the dedicated Jena scope. I have also seent hat Hileva did a Q/D set of bases for the Brno rather than the ring type.

You might like to check this out;-

http://westernfirearms.com.au/scope-...qbdk0fcaupe111

The 30mm rings are available here:-

http://www.petsandpastimesltd.com/pr...Med_Black_Matt

They might do the bases as well. Could be worth asking.

Hope that helps.

Ohhh don't know I missed this but of course the steel Tasco World Class scope rings are actually Hilvers, and they actually listed the BSA rifles in their range. I just picked up a set of 26mm rings off e-bay to take a 52mm objective. Same boxes but different printing the box being Black amd Silver instead of Hilvers green.

These are Part # 4747N BSA Fullbore (matt)

Now I am sure Tasco did 30 jobbies too

Will keep eyes open for ay more I see just in case .

Just in case you haven't got this sorted. Would these fit the bill?

http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/pro...vetail+Systems

Regards,

Tim

Tim .................... thank you very much. i had looked at that site once before but they didn't have them then.... Will have to check and see if they have them in stock.

Thanks Tim Just what I am looking for. Keith