Blood meat

After 17.5years feeding the 'blood meat' surrounding the exit wound to the cat I'm starting to doubt the lethality of lead splater

Personally blooded meat I won't put into the food chain, either for myself or for the dog. Lead spatter is one issue, but much more of an issue is such meat is much more susceptible to bacterial contamination as the muscle and cell structure is has been pulverised. Appreciate that its a little bit of waste but in the greater scheme of things we are talking two or three burgers worth of meat. I don't think the risk is worth it.

I have watched german hunters prepare carcasses that are going into the retail food chain. They cut away all the blood shot meat at the larder - they will send a deer to butcher minus its ribcage, or minus a shoulder etc.

Personally blooded meat I won't put into the food chain, either for myself or for the dog. Lead spatter is one issue, but much more of an issue is such meat is much more susceptible to bacterial contamination as the muscle and cell structure is has been pulverised. Appreciate that its a little bit of waste but in the greater scheme of things we are talking two or three burgers worth of meat. I don't think the risk is worth it.

I have watched german hunters prepare carcasses that are going into the retail food chain. They cut away all the blood shot meat at the larder - they will send a deer to butcher minus its ribcage, or minus a shoulder etc.

Dogs eat raw tripe for fun! One of mine eats the cat crap out of the litter tray and spits the litter out!:eek: They will eat the most decomposed rabbit carcass they can find and then roll in fox poo like it's some kind of dog perfume! Blooded meat is probably rather bland in comparison!
MS

Dogs eat raw tripe for fun! One of mine eats the cat crap out of the litter tray and spits the litter out!:eek: They will eat the most decomposed rabbit carcass they can find and then roll in fox poo like it's some kind of dog perfume! Blooded meat is probably rather bland in comparison!
MS

MS you are 100% on the money..real dogs eat schit of any description.I was at the neighbours this morn sitting on an oil drum chewing the fat (not his lol) and looked up and Lucy the new bitch was eating "something" I said wtf is she eating and old mate said remember that rabbit they caught a month ago and you put it up on top of that strainer post? Well she just jumped up and pulled it down.After the maggots had been through it and it had been baked for a month in up to 41c temps she was loving it.
First thing my dog does at a dead deer (shot) is go straight to the entry or exit hole and lick it like it was me with a pistachio gelato.
I also always cut the full paunch out,empty ,wash out in a creek and feed it to my dogs...its better than the above ice cream in their minds.

Blood meat is a naturally occurring substance that hunting dogs eat...pretty simple sort of stuff to work out.

Back