Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quad Deer Lifting/ Grolloch System

Quad Deer Lifting/ Grolloch System

Exstend the pole, put electric winch in free wheel pull cable to the floor fit Gambril, winch Deer onto rear carrier or perform Grolloch
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05092010465.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	577.8 KB 
ID:	2561
    Pull the locking pin, located in centre and lower frame to the floor to rest on t bar

Name:	05092010468.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	459.4 KB 
ID:	2562
    Lift the Deer so legs are pionting to the quad and lift and the Deer will lay on the front carrier

Name:	05092010470.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	408.9 KB 
ID:	2563
    I regarly on my own put two adult Fallow on the front and rear or one Red

Account Suspended
    Looks all a bit Heath Robinson........................................ but if it works it works.

What with the plywood ?

Never mind how heath Robinson it is, it is there which is more than can be said for your introduction.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hmm funny I was just looking at the thread John and noticed C. Sing (cantsing) had not introduced himself.

Admin would be grateful of a proper introduction first if you dont mind

Still waiting!!
    Last edited by sikamalc; 08-09-2010 at 13:10.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Sing View Post
    Looks all a bit Heath Robinson........................................ but if it works it works.

What with the plywood ?
    me names Boydy!!!!!!!!! an "WHAT PLYWOOD"?????????? An with out that kit i would not be able to cull 150-200 Wild Fallow an Red Deer single handed. Oh and "NO" I Dont chase Deer round an shoot them off the quad before i get another smart arse comment. Some guy on the forum as he was interested ask me to post the pic,s
    Last edited by stalkerboydy; 08-09-2010 at 09:52.

Looks like it will do the job, though I am wary of putting a large red on the rear carrier,due to having had a bad experience
    tipped the whole lot on top of me, now tend to use a drag bag, and drag them off the hill.

England, a large country south of the Scottish Border
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerboydy View Post
    me names Boydy!!!!!!!!! an "WHAT PLYWOOD"?????????? An with out that kit i would not be able to cull 150-200 Wild Fallow an Red Deer single handed. Oh and "NO" I Dont chase Deer round an shoot them off the quad before i get another smart arse comment. Some guy on the forum as he was interested ask me to post the pic,s
    does not matter what it looks like Boydy! it obviously works, and getting that amount of deer back to the larder would be a b***ard without it.

Quote Originally Posted by buck52 View Post
    does not matter what it looks like Boydy! it obviously works, and getting that amount of deer back to the larder would be a b***ard without it.
    Thanks mate, as you stated i'd be stuffed an be off the Estate, also "SING" is bin the first to mock at least 50+Fc stalker's + recrational stalkers all gave the thumbs up, after all i have been a Fabrecater Welder for 35 yrs
    Bogtrotter i am very careful in how i load the quad, i never put a single Deer on the back and go up hill or one on the front an go down hill
    Last edited by stalkerboydy; 08-09-2010 at 15:33.

Look like a good set up.

BUT

The thing thats intriguing me is .............. what is the yellow poly pipe on the back for

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerboydy View Post
    The sheet of ply with the perspex covering the hole in the middle. If you don't shoot off the quad , why the padded shooting rail on the front?

No need to toss your rattle out of the pram. Like I said if it works, it works. If your happy with what it looks like that's all that matters.
    Last edited by C.Sing; 08-09-2010 at 18:57.