Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which scope with red dot !?!

Which scope with red dot !?!

Hi all,

After several recent evening hunts after a roe buck, it was clear that my Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40 was not up to the task as the light started to fade.

So I'm on the look out for a new scope with a 50 or 56mm Obj. and an illuminated red dot reticle.

I have seen in one of our Norwegian stores a Carl Zeiss Classic Diavari 2.5-10x50 with red dot for approx £700, is this a good price and a good scope or is it worth going for a better model?

I'm coming back to the UK for Christmas so might swoop in for a new scope when I'm over

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Have a look at IOR scopes, only heard good reports from them, very well priced for what you get.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Quote Originally Posted by Jonher View Post
    Hi all,

After several recent evening hunts after a roe buck, it was clear that my Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40 was not up to the task as the light started to fade.

So I'm on the look out for a new scope with a 50 or 56mm Obj. and an illuminated red dot reticle.

I have seen in one of our Norwegian stores a Carl Zeiss Classic Diavari 2.5-10x50 with red dot for approx £700, is this a good price and a good scope or is it worth going for a better model?

I'm coming back to the UK for Christmas so might swoop in for a new scope when I'm over

swarovski Z6i is a stunning scope for stalking,the illuminated dot is in the 2nd focal plane so it satys the same size through the mag range,expensive but buy once buy right

I have a Meopta Meostar R1 3-12 x 56 and I'd recommend one of these
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

I can highly recommend the Schmidt & Bender 3-12x50 Zenith scope, which has the Flash Dot reticule.
    I've got one on my .308 and another on my .17 and I think they're the mut's nuts

The Zeiss Diavari sounds a good price. I presume it is not new?.
    I would buy it at that for an illuminated reticle model. You will not go far wrong with Carl Zeiss products. If you want to spend more than twice as much get a Z6i Swarovski. You will be the envy of all your friends and much poorer too!.
    Regards
    S.

I to have a meopta meostar 3-12x56 red dot,i can see just as much as my swarovski 10x32 binos when the light fades and at half the price of big named scopes but just as good

+ one for IOR
    excellent price and optics

Quote Originally Posted by Jonher View Post
    Hi all,

Another thumbs up for the Meopta Meostar 3/12x56 red dot. As good as my S&B no question.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll dig a little deeper into the ones you have mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Schiehallion View Post
    The Zeiss Diavari sounds a good price. I presume it is not new?.
    I would buy it at that for an illuminated reticle model. You will not go far wrong with Carl Zeiss products. If you want to spend more than twice as much get a Z6i Swarovski. You will be the envy of all your friends and much poorer too!.
    Regards
    S.
    @Schiehallion, The scope is new, its on special offer at one of the sports/outdoor chain stores here in Norway, here a link translated using Google:
    http://translate.google.com/translat...ed-lys-1055243

6990 Norwegian kroner is approx: £730

Thanks again
    Last edited by Jonher; 08-09-2010 at 07:57. Reason: spelling, grammar and other stupid errors! =P
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here