Which scope with red dot !?!

Jonher

Hi all,

After several recent evening hunts after a roe buck, it was clear that my Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40 was not up to the task as the light started to fade.

So I'm on the look out for a new scope with a 50 or 56mm Obj. and an illuminated red dot reticle.

I have seen in one of our Norwegian stores a Carl Zeiss Classic Diavari 2.5-10x50 with red dot for approx £700, is this a good price and a good scope or is it worth going for a better model?

I'm coming back to the UK for Christmas so might swoop in for a new scope when I'm over :cool:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all,

After several recent evening hunts after a roe buck, it was clear that my Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40 was not up to the task as the light started to fade.

So I'm on the look out for a new scope with a 50 or 56mm Obj. and an illuminated red dot reticle.

I have seen in one of our Norwegian stores a Carl Zeiss Classic Diavari 2.5-10x50 with red dot for approx £700, is this a good price and a good scope or is it worth going for a better model?

I'm coming back to the UK for Christmas so might swoop in for a new scope when I'm over :cool:

swarovski Z6i is a stunning scope for stalking,the illuminated dot is in the 2nd focal plane so it satys the same size through the mag range,expensive but buy once buy right

I can highly recommend the Schmidt & Bender 3-12x50 Zenith scope, which has the Flash Dot reticule.
I've got one on my .308 and another on my .17 and I think they're the mut's nuts :!:

The Zeiss Diavari sounds a good price. I presume it is not new?.
I would buy it at that for an illuminated reticle model. You will not go far wrong with Carl Zeiss products. If you want to spend more than twice as much get a Z6i Swarovski. You will be the envy of all your friends and much poorer too!.
Regards
S.

I to have a meopta meostar 3-12x56 red dot,i can see just as much as my swarovski 10x32 binos when the light fades and at half the price of big named scopes but just as good

Hi all,

Another thumbs up for the Meopta Meostar 3/12x56 red dot. As good as my S&B no question.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll dig a little deeper into the ones you have mentioned.

The Zeiss Diavari sounds a good price. I presume it is not new?.
I would buy it at that for an illuminated reticle model. You will not go far wrong with Carl Zeiss products. If you want to spend more than twice as much get a Z6i Swarovski. You will be the envy of all your friends and much poorer too!.
Regards
S.

@Schiehallion, The scope is new, its on special offer at one of the sports/outdoor chain stores here in Norway, here a link translated using Google:
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xxl.no%2Fjakt-vaapen%2Foptikk%2Fkikkertsikte%2Fclassic-diavari-2-5-10x50-kikkertsikte-med-lys-1055243

6990 Norwegian kroner is approx: £730

Thanks again

Last edited:
Go for the zeiss at that price. Good hunting scope.
I would not touch IOR except for target shooting.
Great glass but they are just too heavy.
I have the Zenith flash dot 3-12x50 which is really good but
also on the slightly heavy side.
edi

Hei Jonathon, go for the Zeiss, excellent value at that price and cheaper in Norway than Uk. I was looking at the S&B Zenith 3-12x50 flashdot but £1300 is out of my budget and it's a heavy(but well made)scope. I am looking at a Zeiss Classic Diatal 7x50 with illuminated reticle for my 308.Price is approx half, ie same price as the XXL offer.
Cheers Toby

Back