Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oxford/Reading Range

Account Suspended

Oxford/Reading Range

Does any one know of an indoor 50-100m range in the Reading/Oxford area that I could use to zero a .22lr and a .17HMR. I'm a BASC member but not NRA (I could use Bisley if I were)?

Thanks in advance.

Craig

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Craig

It might be a bit far for you, but there is a range in Cirencester: http://www.glosguncompany.co.uk/riflerange.html

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Account Suspended
    Thanks Willie, I gave them a call and they were very helpful. I need to look at my diary (I'll have to get one) and book up for a trip down. Might save it for when I get a .308, or just go again then. Unless I find something closer.

Account Suspended
    I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that there was a tube station converted into a range somewhere in London. I hate London, but that might be worth going for.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigBenson View Post
    Thanks Willie, I gave them a call and they were very helpful. I need to look at my diary (I'll have to get one) and book up for a trip down. Might save it for when I get a .308, or just go again then. Unless I find something closer.
    Craig

I am glad you found the guys at the shop helpful. You can always pm me for any other details or email at paul@glosriflerange.co.uk Incidentally, I own the range and it is me who you would be seeing and who will spot for you etc. A number of people from this site come on a regular basis and find it helpful and often instructive. Its not just 'another' range, we can provide training on most things firearms related as well.

Kind regards

Paul Hill
    Gloucestershire Rifle Range

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by HME View Post
    Craig

I am glad you found the guys at the shop helpful. You can always pm me for any other details or email at paul@glosriflerange.co.uk Incidentally, I own the range and it is me who you would be seeing and who will spot for you etc. A number of people from this site come on a regular basis and find it helpful and often instructive. Its not just 'another' range, we can provide training on most things firearms related as well.

Kind regards

Paul Hill
    Gloucestershire Rifle Range
    They were great. Is it a sheltered spot? I have a .17HMR that's being a pain.

Craig

Its fairly sheltered, if you look on the website link above you can see a little. Regarding the 17, I generally find they are a pain most of the time. From 50 meters there should be no issue as we would be sheltered but the minute we go back to 100, we're in the lap of the gods. If you're getting a 308 soon maybe wait alternatively you could use one of my rifles (all you pay is the cost of the ammo) I am there most days doing something or another so even if you booked you could cancel at short notice if the weather is crap.

Regards

Paul Hill
    Gloucestershire Gun Company

Incidentally, watch the press advertising for our next open weekend, October 23/24. A live firing night vision demo with reactive targets!

hi craig

take a look at this for an indoor 100yd range only the best will do

www.caltonmoorrange.com
    regards

dweeb

can't get much better than that offer however should you feel the need to reach out a little further for your practise then the BBSclub might be useful

Account Suspended
    Thank you all, yet again I'm surprised at the level of knowlage, support and, gererosity displayed by the forum members. When I consider the amount of people that walk in to you in the street and can't be bothered to appologise, and that some people would walk on if you were bleeding in the road, it is so refreshing that there is such a spieit on this forum. Thank you all