Thread: Millet scope rings

Millet scope rings

I am looking for a stockist of Millet scope rings they are part of the Bushnell group and I need a pair of BN00018 30mm rings
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    I am looking for a stockist of Millet scope rings they are part of the Bushnell group and I need a pair of BN00018 30mm rings
    Ahhh if you thinking of using these on the Moanarch yes your nuts.

I brought a set of their Angle-Loc Pt# BN00016 and the first time I fitted them and tweaked the screws up the clamp broke. Edgard bros were very good and sent me some new clamps. it seems it's common as they keep lots of them in. Anyway the Millet rings are poorley made an finished and i would never bother with them again. I have not got them any more as I swopped the Hilver mounts with P-H bases and put these Millets onto the Mauser M96 Slide Bolt when I sold it.

Methinks you would be much better off with a 12 scope .

Thanks Kev I will Keep looking for another set of Hillvers
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    Thanks Kev I will Keep looking for another set of Hillvers
    Keith
    Ahhh Keith just thought I would run this past you I have a set of Hilver rings (1" of course) for the CZ 537 and 600 series so got them out and the Monarch to have a look at and as you re-barreling etc have you considered getting the gunsmith to mill a notch in the left side of the rear bridge similar to that on the CZ/Brno?

I would suggest acquiring the rings first as the recoil stop does vary a bit in width, or so it seems , or at least the two pairs of them I have here do. Brought the first set to go on my ZKK 601when i first got it. Then brought the second set marked CZ550 the other year to test out the Nikko Sterling scope I was supect about. Knew the ZKK 601 was accurate and reliable with the 165 grain Speer bullet and had a good scope on it so this way I could shoot a group with one scope then just swop scope and shoot a comparison group.

I digress . The early rings stop measures 6.88mm wide and the later set 6.07mm wide. A 7mm end mill would do nicely and in fact if I can get the mill working I might have a go at doing just that on this project one of mine.

As I said just a thought !

Thanks Kev, I have at the moment a set of Hillver rings and bases the ones with the windage screws what I am proposing is to have the locking lug milled off the base clamp so it will fit the dovetails as normal and the because the monarch has a hole for the locking pin to fit in I am going to have the rear base drilled and threaded, insert a grub screw ( A BEARING LOCK SCREW) which I have a box of and Locktight it into position. Then I have the problem of sorting a set for my Imperial. Keith

That will work and not require alteration to the rifle which is good . Now this Imperial Hmmmmm I may need to steal some photos off you of it. I have never seen one myself as yet .