Sierra Matchkings

bk

I know that it is a contentious issue about using target bullets for varmints but has anyone any experience of using the Matchking HPBT in .243 for fox?

Am I opening a can of worms?

I know that 155gr SMK's out of a 308 did not work for fox.
Much better choices.
I really like Sierra Varminter 80gr BTSP in my 243, groups 1" at 300,
are cheap and work very well on fox. Not quite as explosive as the name
suggests, more like a normal soft point.
edi

I use the Sierra Blitzkings in my 22,250 and find them excellent for fox. Not tried the matchkings.

PS. Please can you post more threads I really love the girl at the bottom :)

If you going to try match bullts on vermn then may i suggest the Hornady A-Max plastic tipped ones ;) probably better at breaking up on ground than the Sierra match kings...Not Probably ;) They are not designed to expand.

I know that it is a contentious issue about using target bullets for varmints but has anyone any experience of using the Matchking HPBT in .243 for fox?

No idea about the bullets but the bird's name is revealed if you put the mouse over the pic. Googling her name gives some, erm, shall we say, interesting results. Took me a hour and half to get off the PC! Horrible

If you going to try match bullts on vermn then may i suggest the Hornady A-Max plastic tipped ones ;) probably better at breaking up on ground than the Sierra match kings...Not Probably ;) They are not designed to expand.

I have uses match bullets on vermin (Sierra 52 grain BT Match) with good results but that's an expensive way to shoot critters. How about a light 6mm V-Max? Short for the caliber but very accurate and explosive in my (now my daughter's) Winchester. ~Muir

Just been offered the Matchkings for a good price,

I'll give them a miss, I have Hornady HPs for the time being

How do you make the video in your signature bigger?

I have shot foxes with fmj,s ,hit 'em dead centre head on or crossing shot and they all went down instantly .Longest shot was 125 yds ,big exits lots of blood loss,very dead.
Prefer soft points/ expanding but ya shoot wotcher got .

.. at breaking up on ground than the Sierra match kings...Not Probably ;) They are not designed to expand.

I was practicing one day with 142 gr SMKs and when I went to inspect the target, I found a fired bullet lying in the dirt behind the target. The SMK was bent like a banana, but not expanded in any way. I wish I had hung on to it or taken a photo of it. Regards JCS

No idea about the bullets but the bird's name is revealed if you put the mouse over the pic. Googling her name gives some, erm, shall we say, interesting results. Took me a hour and half to get off the PC! Horrible

I'v just had the same problem . . .she is an excitable young lady isnt she . . .you could feed a barn of lambs with those puppies. :lol:

I was practicing one day with 142 gr SMKs and when I went to inspect the target, I found a fired bullet lying in the dirt behind the target. The SMK was bent like a banana, but not expanded in any way. I wish I had hung on to it or taken a photo of it. Regards JCS

but you'd likely not have found the next 4 as they'd fragmented.

Back