Still no good with camera, but aye learning!

Freeforester

Sorry about the sideways look on life (and death!); I was out this afternoon to try to get the last roe doe in a new (fenced) plantation, and had the good fortune to connect finally at 5pm today.

She presented at about 100yds and I took a base of neck/end of shoulder shot collapsing here on the spot. When I got up close, there was a very visible cloud puff of pins following the end trajectory of the spent bullet, but I could see specks of blood and tiny tissue particles quite a bit out in front in the fading daylight. Curious to see, I went from one to tother (10"snow blanket over much of the vegetation helped no end), and found the last speck here shown, fully 18-20 yards beyond where the bullet struck.

This was pretty informative to me, and I've been at it since 1983 - you're never too old to learn!

Apologies for the picture, but when I 'right' it the right way up in the computer, the image gets cropped, so you can't see where I gralloched the doe, but the speck is about 2" left of my sticks, and the gralloch may be seen just front bottom right of the bush behind, having taken the shot below and in line more or less with the right edge of the bush.

Must try harder, and think more, especially about useful composition, and snowlight exposure!

DSCF7304.JPG

Sorry about the sideways look on life (and death!); I was out this afternoon to try to get the last roe doe in a new (fenced) plantation, and had the good fortune to connect finally at 5pm today.

She presented at about 100yds and I took a base of neck/end of shoulder shot collapsing here on the spot. When I got up close, there was a very visible cloud puff of pins following the end trajectory of the spent bullet, but I could see specks of blood and tiny tissue particles quite a bit out in front in the fading daylight. Curious to see, I went from one to tother (10"snow blanket over much of the vegetation helped no end), and found the last speck here shown, fully 18-20 yards beyond where the bullet struck.

This was pretty informative to me, and I've been at it since 1983 - you're never too old to learn!

Apologies for the picture, but when I 'right' it the right way up in the computer, the image gets cropped, so you can't see where I gralloched the doe, but the speck is about 2" left of my sticks, and the gralloch may be seen just front bottom right of the bush behind, having taken the shot below and in line more or less with the right edge of the bush.

Must try harder, and think more, especially about useful composition, and snowlight exposure!

View attachment 93918
You`re lucky you can post photos on the SD .. I can`t!
What are you using to host your photos?

Basil - Not wanting to hijack this thread but I use Imgur.com and find it ideal for hosting and storing my photos.

keep going MTY , but as in your picture the gremlins within the SD, turns them upside down or side ways :eek: so yours now looks like a pull up bar ? your not alone in this

BTW.:rofl:

You`re lucky you can post photos on the SD .. I can`t!
What are you using to host your photos?

Just pasting them in from 'my photos' on me iPad? Bit of a techno Luddite, please note I could indeed have turned this pic before printing, but when I did this and looked in preview mode, the 'righted' pic was cropped to the extent that you could no longer see the part of the pic where the beast hit the deck, which rather negated the point of trying to share; better if I had tried to take the snap with the camera held as normal. It's just a pocket Olympus 'Tough', I've wasted too many zoomy Lumixes already by fording rivers etc with one in my pocket, too busy concentrating on keeping the other 'valuables' above the plimsoll line!

Back