Thread: week-end at JAYB,s

week-end at JAYB,s

Just had two days stalking at JAYB,s place north of Inverness. Smashing bit of ground, saw deer every day, but I am still pulling the birds after all these years...
    Either hinds or does, even the fox I saw was probably a Vixen
    Saw two Sika Stags, which I have never seen before so that was worth the trip in its self.
    First Stag was spotted as soon as we entered the ground and the other was an arse end job at about four hundred yards.
    Never got the chance to raise the rifle, but there is more to stalking than pulling the trigger.
    Met JAYB and his lovely Wife. They made myself and my missus so welcome. JAYB couldn't do enough for us, he really went out of his way to make sure I should get a shot, and if the sexes had been changed I would have had a chance at three Sika hinds.
    I will certainly be booking up again.
    Now John, if you can just do something about those bloody midges, I thought we had bad ones in Aberdeenshire, Johns bu*gers are the Taliban of the Midge world.
    Once again John, thanks for a great week-end
    Alan

Glad you enjoyed yourself mate, sorry you did not get a shot but that's stalking. The midges are not for the faint hearted, they do deem to be the pit bulls of the midge world, mind you knowing your "pulling power" they were probably all female.

The good thing about you not getting a stag is that I do not have to re-stock

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Great to hear you all had a good weekend..

Hope theres some caaake left as not long know John and the Poole Pirates will be setting off..

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1 View Post
    Great to hear you all had a good weekend..

Hope theres some caaake left as not long know John and the Poole Pirates will be setting off..

Terry
    I know, I know and you are here for twice as long you bugger. You will be pleased to know that the local council has been filling in some of the deeper ditches, for the benefit of those with dodgy SatNav's

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses