Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which S-Tac?

Which S-Tac?

Anyone used the 50mm s-Tac with a ward nv? I know people rave about the 56mm one but itís double the price. Is it twice as good?
    Want it on a 204R for 300yd daytime and 150yrd nighttime shooting of foxes

BE

Ive been doing some searching around this BE. From what I've heard, both are spot on when used with the Ward NV, but the 56 is noticeably better when used as a day scope. HD glass, bigger objective gathering more light etc.

Agreed,
    I had an S Tac 3-16x42 and it was a great scope for the money - and worked very well with an NV Add-on
    I now have the S Tac 2.5-17.5x56 and the glass is better as is the NV add-on performance
    With the 3-16x42 and the NV add-on I could get to about x10 before it became too dim to use. With the 2.5 -17.5 and the same add-on and illuminator I can get right up to x17.5 and still get a good image
    OK, the 2.5-17.5 costs twice as much as the 3-16x42 but is not twice as good, but it is noticeably better and it has an excellent illuminated reticle.
    I'd strongly recommend saving up for the 2.5-17.5

Cheers

Bruce

I am in the process of comparing the 4-20X50 version against its big brother. So far, as you would expect considering the price difference and objective diameter, the performance is reduced. It is very good for daylight use and can be used up to its full 20x. At night with the Ward attached it is more than usable to 150 ish yds, but significantly behind its big brother. No doubt some of this is down to the smaller objective, but the lens coatings appear to be different, blue reflection on the 50 as opposed to green on the 56.

I have been using the 4-20x50 stac scope with the ward 800 for about 8 months and I am very happy with it I would say it's as good if not better than the hawke scopes and bushnell scope I have which are very good a lot better than the mtc I had plus you have a very good day scope with the stac

Cheers guys I’m in a real quandary.
    May get the ward, put it on my existing scope and then save for the upgrade!!

I am interested in this thread as I wondered about the 4-20x50 stac and the Ward 800, currently using the 2.5-17x56 and find its a big heavy lump ( 200g heavier) and the illuminated part of the reticule is too big, whereas the reticule on the smaller scope (not illuminated) shouldn't obscure the target.

Quote Originally Posted by D3ave View Post
    I am interested in this thread as I wondered about the 4-20x50 stac and the Ward 800, currently using the 2.5-17x56 and find its a big heavy lump ( 200g heavier) and the illuminated part of the reticule is too big, whereas the reticule on the smaller scope (not illuminated) shouldn't obscure the target.
    I take it you have the 4A ret on your S-Tac with the large central dot ? If so I know what you mean and can assure you the MOA ret covers a lot less of the target area.

Delta Tit 2.5-15 HD works well with the Ward. I have a Stryker which uses the same glass and it is easily better than the Baby STAC which I have on a stalking rifle. Literally night and day.

I have not used the big STAC but the Delta is lighter, cheaper, reputedly better day time glass and has a NV friendly Ret with that little illuminated centre dot. Focuses down to zilch as well. Hard to fault for the money and should be considered as a serious contender for what you want. Someone was selling a new one on here a while back for £500. Not sure if it sold but last time I looked it hadn't. It was bargain of the century.

Yes I have the 4A reticle, I was advised that this would be better with an add on as it is less cluttered.