Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .222 munty buck

.222 munty buck

After careful consideration I decided to keep my sako vixen in .222 and make more of an effort to use it as it really is a lovely rifle and a pleasure to carry and use , just such a shame I can't use it for roe in England 😑, anyway decided to go for a little wander around one of my bits of ground , saw plenty of roe ... typical , then this chap decided to pop out of the wood , straight up on the sticks and a well placed neck shot dropped him , so glad I decided to keep the rifle now as I'd forgot what a pleasure it is to use 😀Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0244.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	580.5 KB 
ID:	94127
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Nice one. Congratulations. The vixen still has a bit of a cult following over here with clean examples still fetching good money.

Thanks for sharing. Love to see the .222 somewhat resurrected.

I had a Remington in .222 that was my first centerfire but I abused it. Being a young dumb kid I kept loading to hotter and faster velocities even with (in hindsight) tell tale signs. Eventually wrecked the bolt face and extractor - but I could vaporize a prairie dog at 300 yards.

Best way if you can as the buggers are usually on an angle.

Tim.243
    A lot of people often refer to the past, but don’t shoot in the present…..

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cootmeurer View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Love to see the .222 somewhat resurrected.

I had a Remington in .222 that was my first centerfire but I abused it. Being a young dumb kid I kept loading to hotter and faster velocities even with (in hindsight) tell tale signs. Eventually wrecked the bolt face and extractor - but I could vaporize a prairie dog at 300 yards.
    I'm kicking myself for even thinking of selling it now , just such a shame I can't use it for roe in England just mutjac and Cwd , but it's so light and fun to use im
    going to put the effort in to use it more often

Quote Originally Posted by Cootmeurer View Post
    I still have my Remington .222 and won't part with it now, I did think about getting rid at one point but now it has a new Bolt and Barrel I don't see any point in parting with it now.
    I think my bolt failed proof because I was using the Lee Loader and not too careful about the powder level in the scoop or sometimes not even the correct powder for the measure :-(
    I have been more careful since but now find that PPU ammo is as good as it gets so no longer any need to reload :-)

.222 munty buck

Snap! I had this munty doe with my Sako .222 also neck shot. Great calibre.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my little CZ .223 Rem. As others have said, shame you can't use your .22 centrefire on roe in England and Wales
    "He who drags the deer has the last laugh (mainly because he has to get his breath back)"

Another 2 at last light for the .222 why did I considerClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0306.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	434.3 KB 
ID:	94771selling it ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0306.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	434.3 KB 
ID:	94771