Projects conning on

foxbasher12

Finally just got round to dropping the rifle off today to get the muzzle screw cut. I ended up taking it to rakers over at Petworth, hoping it should get sorted this week so I can collect next weekend.
Had to dodge the snow on the way back, it was starting to settle on the hills.

Hoping to get the stock refinished and track down a used sound mod to keep costs down. Hopefully then I can get out and put a few rounds through it.
I'm having a bit of a nightmare fitting a new kitchen at the mo so the rifles taking a bit of a back seat. The floor that I replaced yesterday has just had to come back up to find a leaking joint in the central heating.

Bugger. Hopefully you can sort it. Still, be good once your rifle all comes together and it's exactly as you want it.

Foxbasher, unless you have the first few threads relieved in the front of your mod, you need to get that undercut re-cut as it is incorrect, the U/C should be flat bottomed not radiused, if you dont have a relief the U/C will stop the mod screwing hard up to the shoulder.

pre-threading.jpg

Ian.

Last edited:
I'll give them a call on Tuesday when they reopen and see what they say. It's gonna be a bit of a pain in the ass if I have to go back again as it's about an hour's drive each way.

I recon in this case a moderator will fit. Internal threads must also be slightly recessed or counter sunk. Hausken have a very good at least 1mm recess, go on a CTR's that does not have an undercut.
edi

Before calling the shop I went over to a mates place to try one or two mods just for fit. I've got a cheapy muzzle brake that I use only as a thread protector and that screws down snug to the barrel without any resistance and without leaving any gap. My mates got a .223 mod and a .22 Parker Hale, both "end of barrel" mods and these fitted nice aswell. I think it's all going to depend on what sort of mod I can get at the time and what my budget will allow and I'll have to go from there. If I get any problems I'll get back in touch with the gunsmith but all looks good at the moment. Pics inbound.

Back