FAC BSA help

Hulse

After a bit of help guys

bought a BSA s10 FAC off here a while ago and never got chance to try it due to work. Today I managed to get out in the field with it. I had a few problems the first being the zero would not adjust so I put that down to the old scope I had popped on it. Byt then the I realised the power was down. Then all of a sudden the air started coming out the barrel continuously. I removed the bottle and air then came out the bottle until empty!!

Anyone any ideas l?

I think seals but not sure what one and also are the normal seals the same as FAC ones

If it's not been used for a long while then I should say that the seals have dried out.
I don't know much about the workings of a pcp, but I do know that sending my daughter's pcp back to the original manufacturer for a proper service etc solved all the little niggles like leaky seals etc. It was well worth it.

I would give John Bowkett a call.
Back in December he sorted out some minor issues and blueprinted my FAC S10.
Its like a different gun and an absolute joy to use.

I have an early Mk1 S10 FAC and had John Bowkett service it for me. Nice fella and as he designed the rifle in the first place he should know what he's doing.... It was some years ago but it was pretty reasonable cost wise IMO. He normally recommends running them at 27ftlbs with 16grn Air Arms Field pellets. Ive also had issues with the buddy bottle o-rings failing. This is better now Ive fitted a Dr John quick fill kit which means you never have to remove the bottle to fill it and the pressure gauge which comes with the kit is very useful. Great rifles these - mine is as accurate as my Finnfire up to 50yds.
He is based in Solihull near Birmingham, if you want his number drop me a PM.

As above. He is the man for BSA. The S10 is a cracking rifle when he has done his bit to it.
Does anyone know if he works on theoben rapid ?
Regards Dan

Personally having had 2 Supertens worked on by John I'd have Rancid Tom Nelson look at it, he's cheaper than JB and he got more out of both of the guns (sub 12 carbine and FAC rifle)

I have an early Mk1 S10 FAC and had John Bowkett service it for me. Nice fella and as he designed the rifle in the first place he should know what he's doing.... It was some years ago but it was pretty reasonable cost wise IMO. He normally recommends running them at 27ftlbs with 16grn Air Arms Field pellets. Ive also had issues with the buddy bottle o-rings failing. This is better now Ive fitted a Dr John quick fill kit which means you never have to remove the bottle to fill it and the pressure gauge which comes with the kit is very useful. Great rifles these - mine is as accurate as my Finnfire up to 50yds.
He is based in Solihull near Birmingham, if you want his number drop me a PM.

Dr Bob QF....

Oops you are of course right I was thinking of Dr John the dog food - Doh!

Very good addition to an S10 and will buy you a couple of extra shots at FAC.

for a bit of extra info my S10 gives me 42 regulated shots at 32-34 ft-lb depending on pellet, it has a 400CC bottle fitted via the QF (which also has a gauge). This was all put together by Tom for £100 plus the parts, he found a buyer for the 200 cc bottle which covered the bulk of the 400 cc bottle cost. This is much better than it had come back from 'another BSA tuner'

It's an awesome air rifle

Tom definitely would be my recommendation

Back