Pulsar XP XQ Spotter range comparison Excellent see for your self.

Gzl

Found this on youtube, the start is in German but the videos speak for themselves later in direct comparisons..

That is an absolutely excellent video.
It should be required viewing for anyone thinking of buying a thermal because it clearly shows the difference in performance among the 4 most common thermal spotters on the market
BTW the titles are in Polish and the guy is speaking Polish, not German.
Do we have any SD members who could translate into English so that the video could be remade with an English speaker and English titles?

Cheers

Bruce

I can vouch for the XP50. The clarity on a cold/frosty clear night has to be seen to be believed, it is getting close to some of the detailed footage you see on tv.

Currently got the XQ38 spotter and waiting on collecting a XQ50 Rifle Scope.

Last edited:
That is an absolutely excellent video.
It should be required viewing for anyone thinking of buying a thermal because it clearly shows the difference in performance among the 4 most common thermal spotters on the market

Cheers

Bruce

Comparing the units at the base optical, is really good. It shows the units at their best. However, I don't understand why you would then compare them at different magnifications, surely you would set them to the same, to get a direct comparison ?

they are bringing out a new unit binoculars ;)but dont tell eney one :eek: they were on display at the shot show usa by a gun smith from perth

Comparing the units at the base optical, is really good. It shows the units at their best. However, I don't understand why you would then compare them at different magnifications, surely you would set them to the same, to get a direct comparison ?

It's a comparison of each unit at it's maximum magnification.

Cheers

Bruce

Cheers

Bruce

If you watch in full screen the XQ-Fs are on twice base mag and the XPs are on four times base mag.The XQFs will do 4x base and the Xps will do 8x base.

Every Pulsar thermal that I have used (xd19,xq23 and xq50f) the Digital zoom has been absolutely usless for magnifying the size of object at the distance I require and the 50f has a narrow field of view for fast spotting.

Watching this video has confirmed my opinion of the XPs - The low base mag gives good F.O.V and the digital zoom is actually usable ,for recognition because of the better resolution of the sensor.

Cheers

Bruce

Yes, and that's one comparison, but if you want to compare "like for like", they need to be on the same mag. I've done this, and once you get to 4x or more, I couldn't tell the difference between an XQ, & XP 50, or it was so slight, it was irrelevant. Comparing at different mag's, just distorts the comparison.

Back