Thread: Hello

Question Hello

Hi, I hope I am not an intruder? I am very interested in any opportunities for tracking my dog. I have a 10 year old Weimaraner who is one of the top tracking dogs in the UK, having both a TDex and an FH2 as well as passing the BMHS aptitude test.

Various people have said that the best way forward is to get some practical experience, so I am posting here to see if anyone can think of an opportunity.

I am not a dilletante, or a fair weather dog owner. I live in Wiltshire but will travel most anywhere to learn and progress.

Thanks

Welcome Aboard Allyson
    Quite an interesting intro
    you should fit right in
    ATB

Hi Allyson and welcome to the site, lots of good info in deer dog section, is your weimarner tracking human scent ? if so i would imagine the transition to tracking deer blood and deer scent would be quite easy.
    dont know where you are wilts ? but you cant be that far away from me, if i can help you can pm me.

regards Tony

"Old dog , new tricks" - thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyson View Post
    Hi, I hope I am not an intruder? I am very interested in any opportunities for tracking my dog. I have a 10 year old Weimaraner who is one of the top tracking dogs in the UK, having both a TDex and an FH2 as well as passing the BMHS aptitude test.

Various people have said that the best way forward is to get some practical experience, so I am posting here to see if anyone can think of an opportunity.

I am not a dilletante, or a fair weather dog owner. I live in Wiltshire but will travel most anywhere to learn and progress.

Thanks
    Hello Allyson.
    I have no idea what a dilletante is but if you are not one you are welcome. We don't like most types of ante. Good luck with doggy,it sounds like fun.

Bryan.

I can't believe that you don't like antes (nobody into gambling)? LOL But I am not an anti, or an ant or even an aunt.

I live in Calne, between Chippenham and Swindon.

Dog tracks hottest scent so mixture of disturbed earth, broken vegetation, scent of wellies etc Done a bit of hard surface tracking during the FMD outbreak of 2001.

cheers