Thread: new mod

new mod

hi all,
    i am having a new rifle built in 7x64 it is going to be stainless and plastic, it is going to screw threaded just in case i put a mod on .
    What i want to know is what are these titanium mods like as i want to really keep the weight down.

thanks
    chris

Here is a link to an earlier thread; Pete/Long shot has some experience of them. Read and make your own mind up. There are one or two alloy ones that are lighter and a lot cheaper than the titanium ones on the market.

https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?11949-New-dm80-compact-mod/page3&highlight=titanium

Quote Originally Posted by long shot View Post
    PMSL yes there a tad on the high side,to be fair if they worked well the price wouldnt bother me too much,I have handled the quicksilver on the end of a rifle,yes very light to the point you dont know its there,but far far too long at 8 inch
    I have also handles and shot the Lawence Precission,this is probably the best made mod i have ever seen BUt comes a a high price and after shooting it I wasnt impressed,neither was the guy who paid 700 for it,he took it back and had more baffles fitted,which they charge even more for also it gets very very hot with a short string of shots.I havnt been out again since with it due to other commitments and the god damm weather,but hopefully this weekend we will give it ago
    personally i cant see them selling many due to the price for starter and there not very quiet,you would have thought for the most expensive mod in the country it would be the quietest

ATB

Tahr

As Tahr said, way cheaper and lighter using an aluminium mod.
    If one expects to fire more than normal stalking one can always order the aluminium mod with the first two baffles in stainless. These weigh around 250 grams. Less if in all aluminium. Baffles are only around 30 Euro's each, should one really burn some out. Titanium has a density of around 4.5 g/ccm aluminium only 2.7g/ccm.

edi

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    As Tahr said, way cheaper and lighter using an aluminium mod.
    If one expects to fire more than normal stalking one can always order the aluminium mod with the first two baffles in stainless. These weigh around 250 grams. Less if in all aluminium. Baffles are only around 30 Euro's each, should one really burn some out. Titanium has a density of around 4.5 g/ccm aluminium only 2.7g/ccm.

edi
    have you a link for the ali mods please

I think Jackson Rifles is the importer of the A-tec CMM and www.Roedale.de (go to webshop) do the Delta.
    Both are of similar design. I've been using both types for a few years now and am also changing to
    the aluminium version for my 243 and 308.
    This what the delta looks like inside.

or compared to the older A-tec. Which is also a very efficient over the barrel mod.
    Size has come down a lot.

edi

Please contact the Sportsmans Gun Centre for the Roedale Delta Suppressors.

Sportsmans are the UK distributor and will have several hundred on shelf shortly

Thanks Pete

hello pete,

has there been any tests on the mods where i can compare.

chris c

chris if you email me i can send you the test results and a brief version of the University stuff that one of the students kindly translated in to DEnglish.
    rgds Pete