Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lightforce lamping bar or similar?

lightforce lamping bar or similar?

Anyone know where i can get hold of one of those lamping bars with suction cups? Think Light force make them.. Or does anyone know of any better or cheaper systems? I dont mind cutting a hole in the landy roof..?

I have both light bar and hole in the roof. I prefer the light mounted on the roof as it can be used without any adjustment either on your own or with a mate. The roof bar can be used either side of the vehicle but I found that it had to be adjusted to get the full range of movement when moved from one side to the other. Only problem with the roof mount is that water does tend to leak down the sides and then drips of the handle but it has to be pretty wet for that to happen. What's a land rover with out a leak!!

How much are the bars with the swivel joint on? ive got a lightforce lamp so would probably go for that over the clulite.. My landy already has many leaks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I have both light bar and hole in the roof. I prefer the light mounted on the roof as it can be used without any adjustment either on your own or with a mate. The roof bar can be used either side of the vehicle but I found that it had to be adjusted to get the full range of movement when moved from one side to the other. Only problem with the roof mount is that water does tend to leak down the sides and then drips of the handle but it has to be pretty wet for that to happen.
    What's a land rover with out a leak!!
    A land rover without a leak is a fake.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Bengal View Post
    A Landrover that actually last longer than 6 months between breakdowns is a fake.
    Naaww!, that one won't fly!, Ive had / got land rovers over the past ten years, haven't had one breakdown!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The bar and the swivel joint come as two separate items. The joint is about 70 - 80 and I think the bar much about the same which seems a lot for a bit of tube, a couple of exhaust clamps and two suckers.

I have a Lightforce bar with suckers spare if you're interested? Only use three times before I drilled a hole in the truck roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka View Post
    I have a Lightforce bar with suckers spare if you're interested? Only use three times before I drilled a hole in the truck roof.
    how much do you want for it

I bought a Defender metal sunroof off Ebay and drilled and fitted a Lightforce remote with a 170 lamp, two minutes to remove the sunroof and refit the glass one.. doesn't look iffy in the Gleneagles carpark (aye right)!
    I use a lightbar on my Discovery and i fitted a switchable HGV type red rear fog light with a 12v 21w bulb on the bar which allows driving much closer to a fox than using the vehicle lights. I can drive slowly round my permissions with only the red light on and i am sure the fox are not spooked as much. One big disadvantage with the lightbar/remote is that when you shoot a fox you have to lift the remote up to allow door opening which takes the beam off the exact spot where you seen and shot the fox, where with the permanently fixed lamp you can lock it on to the fox. Also your hand doesn't freeze and the internal temperature inside the vehicle stays surviveable.
    Last edited by RED-DOT; 14-09-2010 at 14:18.

go for a roof mounted lamp,the suction bar you are on about are crap !!! DONT WASTE YOUR PENNIES.