Available: Driven walk/stand shoot (with new stalking) seeks full guns

Mymwood

Monmouth - Driven walk/stand shoot (with new stalking) seeks full guns

Due to the recent departure of two full gun members, our shoot has an opportunity for two to three full gun working members. No half-gun places or shared gun places are available.

We are based near Trellech, Monmouth on two farms. We have also just taken on a 2000 acre parcel of land (mixed grassland and old woodland) for rough shooting and probable deer stalking. I say 'probable' as shooters would need to be qualified and competent, and would need to be approved by the shoot committee. Given our proximity to the Forest of Dean, it may be that we will also see wild boar on this land soon.

On the shooting side, we release 1200 pheasant and partridge and average 50-bird days, shooting on ten saturdays. All work and keepering is done by the membership so you will be expected to do a lot more than simply shoot. We have several duck ponds which also produce some decent flighting.

We're a friendly shoot, but we maintain high safety standards and expect the same of new members and guests. Priority will be given to local(ish) applicants.

For more details contact our secretary davidjwmoore at hotmail.com.

To clarify, following a PM from admin, stalking is not for sale separately. What is available is full membership of a pheasant shoot that has new access to a parcel of land where there is opportunity for those also interested in stalking.

All enquiries please, through the email provided above.

Last edited:
Apologies for delay Tolley I had to check. Yes, we have one half-gun place left. Please PM me if interested.

Back