Thread: Deer Bits

Deer Bits

Hi folks,
    I've got a spaniel/beagle cross. It's not very bright but it does love trailing things. I thought I might try training it to track wounded deer on the leash. Is there anyone out there who can let me have a fresh roe skin, feet, some heart, liver and blood?
    I'm in Laurencekirk and work in Aberdeen.
    Cheers
    Flanker

If you give me postage i will send you heads they leave a good sent i have quite a few. O r i am heading up to inverness in oct you can meet us on the way.

Either would be possible. Thanks for getting back to me. I've been put in touch with somebody who live just round the corner, but if it doesn't work out I'll give you a shout. Which way would you be traveling to Inverness?

God knows maye but i will let you know nearer the time. PS if your down near hamilton then that a chance also

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Hi folks,
    I've got a spaniel/beagle cross. It's not very bright but it does love trailing things. I thought I might try training it to track wounded deer on the leash. Is there anyone out there who can let me have a fresh roe skin, feet, some heart, liver and blood?
    I'm in Laurencekirk and work in Aberdeen.
    Cheers
    Flanker
    Took the dog out today to try this for the first time. Laid a convoluted trail marked with plant pots on the field behind my house, then pulled a slice of bacon downwind round the trail. The dog followed it downwind perfectly. I repeated the command "Track-track" as she followed it and let her have the bacon when she found it and made a big fuss of her. I realise deer don't smell of bacon, but my deer bits aren't arriving till next week. I've got some lamb liver in the freezer thats been there too long, think I'll try that in the mean time. I think this might work, she really got her head down and ran along the trail a couple of times.