Thread: what a great way to start the day !

what a great way to start the day !

hi all ,

so far ive just had a great day , went out at first light and bagged a munty for the pot , i had my lab with me this morning , the poor bugger is feeling a bit left out since xena the BMH came home a 7 or 8 weeks ago , so i made sure he found it and that made his day !

then i went home and swapped dogs (xena's on heat , and dont want bavaridor puppys !)
    and grabbed the scent shoes and nipped off to another permission for a spot of tracking .

i layed a track to the fresh carcase with foot and liver scent just over 500 yds with a couple of quite tricky corners , then went off onto another field to check rifle zero and faffed about for a couple of hrs then went back to the track .

put xena on the track and after i second or two she was off , at a steady pace got to first corner went round in a big circle re-found the track and she was off again , got to the second corner she took a slight short cut but found the track again . 50 yds from the end i slipped her off the collar and let her get on with it !

she found the carcass , it made her jump as it come as a bit of a surprise to her as its her first deer , she ragged it about a bit , then when i got to it , i got it by the head and simulated a wounded deer hit in the rear spine or haunch she then proceeded to bay and growl and bark at it ! thats what i was so chuffed about she hasnt done that before ! after baying it for 10 mins i was knackered but it didnt stop her , i couldnt get her off the munty , in the end i had to put it on top of some bales out of her reach , but that didnt stop her trying !

so now if got the distance im now going to age the tracks and see how we get on !

all the best

lee

Attachment 2626 Attachment 2627Attachment 2628

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Excellent. Must have been a good litter that one

yep i recon so mate , hows ures getting on ?

Discretion assured

He's a stubborn dog with an almost aloof attitude. Best stalking companion I have ever had with the added bonus of being able to detect the presence of deer and track them when called upon. Ideal

some times mines not much better , tracking is not a problem its the obedience sitting , staying that im having problems with !

but i forgive her for that when she does well in her tracking , im just gonnna keep cracking on with it and maybe it will sink in !

cheers lee

Discretion assured

Brilliant. Its great to have her reporting as well, you must feel very proud.

Tracking and Training
    www.deertrackingservices.co.uk

i am very proud , your blogg helped it was bloody good reading !

cheers lee

Discretion assured

First time I have read Heidi's blogg. Agree it's an excellent account of her progress. Watching your videos I found it amazing that from tracking characteristics your dog could easily have been my dog.

Thanks for your comments guys. I think all our dogs all come from the same breeder, and I'm sure Gazza's come from the same litter.

Tracking and Training
    www.deertrackingservices.co.uk