Why are gun cabinets always so small?!

flyingfisherman

I have a gun cabinet which i keep 6 guns in at a push, this isnt ideal as damage can occur easily in cramped conditions.. Its an old cabinet from a local farm wholesalers.. SO ive been looking for a bigger cabinet.. ive been looking at 6-10 gun cabinets but i cant see how they hold 10 guns safely.. The last 10 gun one i looked at was 495mm wide, 400ish deep and 1500mm tall. Thats the same size as the one i keep 6 in!!

Does anyone know where i can get a cabinet say 600mm wide and 400mm deep? Ive got a separate ammo store so im not bothered about internal storage..

I plan one day to build a house round a gunroom.. :D

what you holding in there cannons ?

mine is 350mm wide , 330mm deep and 580mm high , i hold 2 rifles with 8x56 scopes 2 shotguns and i still have room for atleast 2 more shotguns and another rifle if need be , but i did remake the gun rack inside by fitting a bit of 4x2 inside and drilling and tapping dowel rods at the correct barrel width so each gus has its own place .

but it doesnt have a lockable top i bolted a safe to the top instead

cheers lee

How much was it Tartan terrier?

Leec6.5 - I find that trying to get the guns out and in especially the ones at either side can be tricky and you end up knocking the guns getting them out. not drastically, but still, they're my pride and joy.. I have also made my own rack to hold the guns, the rifles aren't really a problem as most are synthetic but i dont want to damage my shotgun stocks. I also want the option to get a few more guns.. The FLO said i could have upto 8 with my cabinet, i chuckled inside but said thank you!

I take it you have already had a look at the bratton sound website they have a pdf file with all of there models on with dimensions,

http://www.brattonsound.co.uk/

This is the problem, brattonsound sell a nominal 10 gun cabinet which is 407mm wide.. my cabinet is 430 and i wouldnt or couldnt fit more than 6 safely in there.. Its ok if you have 10 shotguns which you dont mind damaging or having the faff of taking 5 out to get to the one in the corner.. but its not ideal..

Tartan Terrier: Did you get yours from the UK or Denmark? thats not a bad price..

If you've got the funds then you need one of these babies!

http://www.guncabinetsdirect.co.uk/Buffalo-River-Q9330-p/buffalo%20river%20q9330.htm

You should be able to fit yourself in there with the guns!

Second that. I just got my Sentry combination lock 10 gun from there and holds three rifles and 2 shot guns with loads of space and the scopes are well protected.

guncabinetsdirect are the cheapest around. The Sportsman wanted £500 for one that cost £280 from guncabinetsdirect.

Regards
Colin.

I added another link to that post. Same sort of thing but different make.

I'd love to have one, but then on saying that I do plan to have a gunroom built into the house at some point. Something that I can actually place the rifles on wall mounts and also have space for a loading bench etc. I need to find out the specs for that sort of structure but I'm sure it can't be that hard? I know a mate who welds so it could be lined with 10mm road plate if needs must!

Back