Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Too bad i don't like Remington 700's

Too bad i don't like Remington 700's

The local Wal Mart chain has them with a 4X scope in place for $347 US, NIB, in 30-06 only. They have 243 in a snow camo pattern for $40 more.~Muir

I don`t think it`s a bad thing not liking Rem 700

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    The local Wal Mart chain has them with a 4X scope in place for $347 US, NIB, in 30-06 only. They have 243 in a snow camo pattern for $40 more.~Muir
    Muir, I think your problem is different......I presume you have too many Remington 700's already

I got quite fond of my little 243 stainless, very light and very accurate. Of course I put
    a bit of work into it, same as my other rifles. Out of the box it out shot my T3.
    edi

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    Muir, I think your problem is different......I presume you have too many Remington 700's already

I got quite fond of my little 243 stainless, very light and very accurate. Of course I put
    a bit of work into it, same as my other rifles. Out of the box it out shot my T3.
    edi
    Perhaps you should have framed it then. The gunshop I use now mostly stopped stocking the Rem700 after getting ones that could not hold a 3" group at 60 paces. Not bad for a .223 varmint rifle. They sent it back and the replacement was even worse. The customer brought a Tikka T3 instead and was very happy.

Oh no I am not a fan of the new Tikka's either If I had to buy a new rifle now and I mean brand new modern production it would probably be a CZ or possibly a Titan but then again i happen to know of a shop with a couple of new Mauser M96 Slidebolts so that could be the choice. It would never be a Remington not a Tikka T3 .

I like my 700 thinking of getting a VTR in 308 if I can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    As far as I am concerned that's about all they are worth. I bought one once, never again.

nothing wrong with remy 700,s

just checked my zero as its rifle season 10th sept, bang on .
    1" groups of the bonnet at 100yards.
    after last season bouncing around my pick up, on and of my skido on the trap line ,all winter.
    in and out of the canoe during last falls moose hunt.
    and still held its zero
    There a great work gun, nothing fancy ,but a gun you dont mind getting dirty!!

all anyone needs is a rem 700 rifle. $550c (275 quid)
    a aya yeoman s/s 12 bore (100 quid)
    and a brno 452 .22lr (210)

oh! and a berreta xtrema for the foreshore (far too much)
    Last edited by conibear; 14-09-2010 at 06:24.

Regular Poster
    I have know 4 700s and all of then shot very well, one used to shoot 1 inch at 200 yards, we used to have egg shoots at 200 yards on Warcop ranges and it was the 700s that did the job there.

Dry Powder.

Barry Thom

Quote Originally Posted by conibear View Post
    nothing wrong with remy 700,s

just checked my zero as its rifle season 10th sept, bang on .
    1" groups of the bonnet at 100yards.
    after last season bouncing around my pick up, on and of my skido on the trap line ,all winter.
    in and out of the canoe during last falls moose hunt.
    and still held its zero
    There a great work gun, nothing fancy ,but a gun you dont mind getting dirty!!

all anyone needs is a rem 700 rifle. $550c (275 quid)
    a aya yeoman s/s 12 bore (100 quid)
    and a brno 452 .22lr (210)

oh! and a berreta xtrema for the foreshore (far too much)
    May I suggest that you shoot some targets with 1" or less 5 shot groups then mail the to Remington to use in their ads as they need all the help they can get.

As it is I found the CZ 452 a bit rough so brought a 65 vintage Model 2 instead which is soooooooooooooo much smoother and has a trigger which is like a match one. it was too goo to thread so it's still standard 115 paid which was 75 less than the new rougher feeling one so spent 35 on a new steel 10 magazine for it to compliment the 5 rounder it has as standard...

Always fancied the AYA but never got one.. So I have a old SxS DTNE Cogsewll & Harrision with 30" barrels that I gave just over 200 some years back

I also have a Baikal O/U Model 27 SSTE as the old Cogswell has 2 1/2" chambers and I needed something to use non toxic for some geese one year.

For the foreshore, even though I have never been foreshore shooting, I picked up a old hand fro the foreshore use. It's a 55 vintage FN browning Auto Five which cost me 85 the other year. Always wanted one and after soem 30 odd years of wanting picked one up

Hopefully next week I will collect the BSA majestic Featherweight .270 Win which still has the P-H scope rings on it and see how it shoots before doing anything more than giving it the once over and clean... 75. if it shoots as well as I expect this one will have the fore sight removed and threaded 1/2" UNF for a sound mod. It's of late 1950's vintage but will check once I get my hands on it.

Still no room here for a Rem 700

i have had two 700s a wood ADL 270 that would eat you alive and a plastic BDL 243 .horrible triggers ,horrible stocks, no bolt lock ,floor plates hate em.

if i shot a inch group with them ,i would take a pic . these rifles never moved with the times ,there still the same basic crap they always were . on a plus note its was good to have owned them , as i know how good sako and tikka are now.