What scope for my .22LR?

Joshua

I'm looking for a good reliable scope for my .22LR. Nothing fancy; just shooting bunnies out to 80 yards. I was thinking maybe a 3-9, or maybe even a fixed mag. Just something that will do the job well, but won't cost the earth either.

Thanks in advance.

i would recomented the new zeizz duralyt very gud scope and price is gud too around £660 witch is fab very clear as gud as the £1700 scopes

Have a look at the MTC range...... they have some good reviews.

I have one on my 22 and there good value for money.

Bushnell Banner 3-9x50 around £50/60 secondhand is all you will need. Mine has a heavy duplex ret.

Steve

I use a Nikon fixed 4X. Great clarity, inexpensive, and all one needs for a .22 in magnification... especially for off-hand shooting.~Muir

I've a neat wee 25 yearold Nikko Stirling 4x40 Gold Crown on my Czechoslovakian BRNO, zeroed at about 50 yds, serves very well. Bigger glass would probably make it very unwieldy, offhand, IMHO.

Last edited:
I use a Nikon fixed 4X. Great clarity, inexpensive, and all one needs for a .22 in magnification... especially for off-hand shooting.~Muir

I have to agree. I acquired a falcon 7.5x CSS scope to play with for the mil-dots and as it came in mounts that would go on the .22 BSA Supersport Five that's where it is right now. It's too cumbersome for off hand shooting. Normally is has an older Nikko Sterling Platinum 4x40 on it. Once i acquire some appropriate mounts the falcon will be moved to a centre fire rifle. now on the other .22 BSA Supersport five it has a 6-18x40AO Simmons competition (1/8 min clicks) Air Gun scope for target shooting.

fixexd

Hey up i use an old 4x32 lesley hewlitt on my sako finnifire and its the best 22 combo i have shot with .Im not sure how these scopes are rated against others but mine is top quality clear , nice picture and at 4x mag its perfect for 60 -80 yards i zero it at 50 yards and can get 5 shots in a one inch diameter circle at that range the scope has been zeroed once and been bang on the button since .I also figured most of my 22 shooting was with a lamp so a big end lense to let in light wasnt an issue as shooting with a lamp theres plenty of light as aposed to dusk shooting when a 50 or 56 mm lense will gather in light

I have just put a Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40 on my .17HMR and for the price the quality is stunning. My RFD had never seen one before so we had them out for comparison with the various scopes he had in store. We reckoned optically it was on a par with the Nikon Fieldmaster, but was lighter and more compact, not to mention a fair bit cheaper. Obviously having just bought it I can't comment on durability, but it comes with a lifelong warranty that by all accounts is pretty bulletproof.

I don't think you can do better for less than £250.

i would recomented the new zeizz duralyt very gud scope and price is gud too around £660 witch is fab very clear as gud as the £1700 scopes

660 quid on a scope for bunny bashing, i nearly fell of my chair and spilt my tea here at work.:eek:

That`s well over the top for a rimmy. There`s no need to spend over a £100 for a rimfire scope.

Anything like a Nikko Stirling, Tasco or a Busnell will do the job perfectly well.;)

wadas

Have a Simmons Whitetail Classic 3.5-10x50 on my Sako P94S, and makes a fantastic combination.
Swarovski on the .243 which is also used at night for Charlie and well, can I speak of a most noticeable difference with a lamp and coloured filter out at 80-90 yards?..... no.
Still, wouldn't change the Sako/Swaro' combination for the world on any of my C/F though!
Happy Rabbiting.

i've used a Hawke with their MAP8 reticle (you set it up using a free download, it's worth getting the download anyway) for several years, It is the best way to shoot rabbits Ive come across and not much money anyway. Endurance scope about £75.
You choose the range you want your zero at, then the dots above and below the horizontal zero line are allocated ranges.
I zero at 75 yards then from top to bottom the ranges are 38yds 50yds 75 zero 100yds 125yds. Rangefind, put dot on rabbit and shoot it!

660 quid on a scope for bunny bashing, i nearly fell of my chair and spilt my tea here at work.:eek:

That`s well over the top for a rimmy. There`s no need to spend over a £100 for a rimfire scope.

Anything like a Nikko Stirling, Tasco or a Busnell will do the job perfectly well.;)

wadas
I totally agree with everything Wadas has said, except the bit about spilling his tea, thats just not gonna happen ever!

I picked up a couple of cheapo Simmons 3-9x50 scopes that have sat on top of my .22 and 17HMR for a while. Never felt the need for spending any more money on a bunny gun. Save the cash for your stalking rifle scope.

wadas

Bloody hell Wadas easy son, dont go spilling tea. I would hate to see a grown man cry!! must admit though I do agree with your comments. £100 for a rimmy is about as much as I would spend.:)

Back