Zim Dollars

Useful for all kinds of things, lighting a fire, target practice or if caught short in the bush wiping your a//e on :D

Thats all they are worth :lol::lol:

I used to follow Zimbabwe's economy and I remember reading an account of a Cheeseburger, Fries, and Coke selling for 80 Billion Zim.

Look out world, that kind of inflation is coming! ~Muir

In African cultures it is usual for the groom to pay a bride price. I was at the wedding earlier this year down near Cirencester, the bride being a Zimbabwean and the groom did produce several inches of Zimbabwean Dollars - milion dollar notes I think - and gave these to the Bride's father along with a decent bottle of malt which was far more valuable.

I have been caught twice in my life for speeding. The first was in 1992 in Zambia when I pulled over near the airport by a Zambian Police 5 series BMW with a speed gun - these had been donated by the German government as they thought Zambia had a serious porblme with speeding - the only decent road was to the airport - the rest max speed was 60kmh given the potholes. Any way the police I had been "cruising too fast" and that I was doing 100 kmh in a 50 kmh speed limit. After lots of long multiplication and refernece to the speeding offences manual - which still had the Northern Rhodesian Crest on it, they confirmed that I afaced a severe fine of 383 Kwacha or I could be taken to court and with poetnetialy a six month imprisonment. I did give this dutiful consideration and handed over a 500 Kwacha note to pay the fine. The 500 Kwacha note was the largest denomination note at the time and was the equivalnet to UK £1.

The police officer took down my details, gave me receipt for the 500 Kwacha note but admitted he did not have any change with him. Give him his due, 3 days later he drives up to the house with my change!!!

The second time was on the A9 - enough said.

This is worth 1000 trillion trillion(1000000000000000000000000000) (pre 2006) dollars :eek:. The dollar had devalued so much they had introduced the 'new' dollar which was now equivalent to 'only' 100 trillion dollars.

Last edited:
Reminds me when I got "caught speeding" in Belarus, radar said I was doing 100kph, I know I wasn`t I was doing 90kph,but the radar just had a 100kph sticker on the screen, wasn`t actually working, anyway after a lot of haggling,I got bit fed up as I had no Belarussian Roubles, so I asked "skolka deutschmark?"reply was "dva" (2):rolleyes: after all the haggling I paid the 60 pence fine, and had to waith 15 more mins whilst copper wrote ticket out and gave me a lecture....

Back