Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out with the K95

Out with the K95

Well this morning I went out on a small fruit farm I have permission on. It holds quite a few roe and recently Iíve seen a good few bucks about and also the farm manager has had a small mention and asked if I could pop in
    I got there at first light and itís not the biggest area (about 140 acres) and had a stalk about and spotted a single roe about 200m away feeding, I stalked in further using a hedgerow as cover and took him 90m of sticks with my single shot blaser k95 in .308 loaded with RWS 136gr green eco lead free round. One shot needed as he dropped about 5m away good clean heart shot now in the chiller. All done and finishes by 07.45 lovely morning to be out and nice little six point buck now in the chiller

regards Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 25B02EDA-0D10-4EDF-8518-994EC6AA2163.jpg  

Nice result and a lovely looking rifle to boot
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Thats the way to do it, good morning out.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Very well done. and lovely looking rifle. you think your fruit farm is small try 27 acres. its all or nothing where i am you can very nearly drive up in the truck stick your nose out the window and if theres no deer there then go home. having said that it is one of my favorite places to stalk especially in a few weeks when the blossom is fully out

What a great morning out. I love the rifle, and it's good to see that you don't mind sticking a mod on it.

Had loads of p****takes with regards to wanging a mod on it. My opinion for what it’s worth is we are legally allowed to have and use them (subject to variation etc) so to save my hearing and the dogs why not use it
    I appreciate it’s not the done thing with a kipplauf rifle but I thought I would buck the trend. It’s screw cut so I do have the choice. Also the farm is slightly built up with houses in one area

regards Steve

Nice one mate well done

I had a cap gun looked a bit like that once

Was it left handed? Lol

Nice buck and rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    Very well done. and lovely looking rifle. you think your fruit farm is small try 27 acres. its all or nothing where i am you can very nearly drive up in the truck stick your nose out the window and if theres no deer there then go home. having said that it is one of my favorite places to stalk especially in a few weeks when the blossom is fully out
    My first permission is 26 acres so I know exactly! what you mean. Yet to see any,let alone grass one,plenty signs of Fallow,Roe,and Muntjac. Just a case of right place right time.

BC.