GWP re-homing

Mikekenny

Hi all I have a 4 year old GWP that I want re homed. He’s an excellent tracking dog on both live and cold scent. Workington most efficiently on blood. Have also used him on boar and is the same as deer.

The he problem is is that he needs to be in a one dog home with no children. A home with a puppy is fine but any other age dog he’s very aggressive with. He also acts out of fear aggression with children (although never biting anyone just going vocally ballistic) he is also bad with live stock.

its with great sadness that I’m looking to re home him as he’s a truly wonderful dog but sadly it’s all just got a bit much for me and I’ve just lost another dog who he shared the kennel. He would prefer to be inside but the job I’m in just now requires him to be kennelled.

cheers. Mike

Mike you have just described my old GWP to a tee and typical of many GWPs.
The one that I have at the moment is a complete wimp by comparison and is bullied terribly by my daughter's Jack Russell. I feel sorry for you having to re-home him and wish you luck in finding him a good working home.

Hi all I have a 4 year old GWP that I want re homed. He’s an excellent tracking dog on both live and cold scent. Workington most efficiently on blood. Have also used him on boar and is the same as deer.

The he problem is is that he needs to be in a one dog home with no children. A home with a puppy is fine but any other age dog he’s very aggressive with. He also acts out of fear aggression with children (although never biting anyone just going vocally ballistic) he is also bad with live stock.

its with great sadness that I’m looking to re home him as he’s a truly wonderful dog but sadly it’s all just got a bit much for me and I’ve just lost another dog who he shared the kennel. He would prefer to be inside but the job I’m in just now requires him to be kennelled.

cheers. Mike

Four years old and still not safe with livestock?It really is a no brainer to make them safe.

My first GWP was aggressive towards other dogs, didn’t matter about sex or size. I sorted it by using a shock collar, illegal now. Good luck with the rehoming

Easier said than done with some lines of GWPs.
My bitch was cured using the same method as Ranger22.

Yes and that I can understand,the assisted collar is a bomb proof method but there are other methods that have been in force for a thousand years before the collars were invented.

My mates GWP bit his SIL on the arse for absolutely no reason @ 5 years of age,the dog was immediately led to a meeting point up in the bush ( lead meeting point)

Hi Mike. I assume you are way up in the highlands. If so, Dorset is going to be a bit unrealistic but I am confident I can offer a good home with a 2 yr old GSP (working dog) if you come down any further south. Feel free to pm me.

You have made no introduction just jumped straight in, thee only reason I have not deleted this thread is for the dogs sake. If you culd please obey the forum rules and make an introduction I would be obliged.

John

Back