Deer stalking October 2017

Me and my misses contacted sikamalc for deer stalking in Scotland.
After a good conversation at the chat, we confirmed our booking to shoot Sika and Red deer.
We arrived in Scotland on the 8th of October by plane and we were warmly welcomed by Tom, one of the stalkers.
He took us to the house where we are going to stay for the rest of the week.
When we arrived, we were also warmly welcomed by Malcolm and Sandra. We felt ourself very welcome!
We meet up with other hunters that were also staying there.
The first day we went out with Tom and we did see and hear a lot of deer. It was a lovely area with many cover.
Back at the house, we were stuffed with a lovely dinner from Sandra.
The following days we went out and Tom and I saw 2 Sika's. Tom confirmed that one of them was a good buck. I took a shot and it ran off. Tom's dog did his job and we found him not very far from the spot that I shot him. Sika's are very tough!
The next day we went out on the moor so that my misses can shoot herself a Red deer.
We climbed up and soon we saw a good herd of Reds. The stalker did see a good buck that was a unequal 12-pointer.
The rut was still going on and the deer were roaring.
After a far crawl, we got closer to the deer, my misses took her shot and he fell down.
It was such a wonderful experience and we want to thank Malcolm, Sandra, Tom and the stalker on the moor for all that they have done for us!

Cheers!

Jeroen and Chantal

IMG_6192.JPGIMG_6237.JPG

glad to see that one of the site owners that cant upload pics the right way up,only j gryphon can see them.:rofl: well done on the trip and write up.

Last edited:
I'm **** at IT, I hate computers, don't mind admitting it. They were the right way up when I posted them but once uploaded decided to go wrong. Stand on your head they will be the right way up then.

I'm **** at IT, I hate computers, don't mind admitting it. They were the right way up when I posted them but once uploaded decided to go wrong. Stand on your head they will be the right way up then.
dont be daft takes me all me time to get on me feet!!;) be quicker turning laptop upside down,i,m thinking of putting a mirror above it just for s/d:popcorn:

Back