Labrador liver score up to 1000

Rimotu66

My male 8 year old Lab has been off his food for a few days and vomiting, I took him to the vets this morning and just had a call, his liver count is 1000, she asked if he had had any grapes or any chance of him been near poison or antifreeze, the only thing I can think of is the flooded field water he likes to paddle in and drink, could anything they spray on fields do this? They are flushing him through and going to monitor over the next 24 hours but did say it didn't look promising.

Hi, sorry to hear about this. However I don't know what you mean by a liver score of 1000. Is it one of the liver enzymes? There's two usual ones:
ALKP - from the bile ducts, can get really high and can be meaningless as there are other sources of ALKP
ALT - is specific to the cells and 1000 would be high and likely to indicate liver damage.

However the liver is great at repair, so keeping them supported is vital. Good luck

Thanks, sadly he was put to sleep yesterday, they found tumours on his chest as well, didnt want to prolong the inevitable and didnt want him suffering. Feeling so sad now he isnt here with me.

sorry for your loss fella, been there many times, never easy. time will heal, you'll know when the time is right to give another that place.

Thanks for all the kind words, still feeling a bit raw but able to mention Alvy's name now without chocking up.

Sorry for your loss, when my collie died a few years ago I didn't talk to anyone for about a week. Whilst nothing has or will ever replace him I have 2 gsd's that softened it a bit. Chin up and find a pup that needs a home when the times right, helps a bit!

Back