Time in seat

I'd get to the seat for about 05:30, one up the spout and thumb on the safety catch at 05:44!;)
I wouldn't want to miss out on a pesky Fallow!:-|
MS:)

I find it more useful basing outings on the time for 'dawn' which is usually 30/40 minutes before official sunrise. I aim to be in the highseat slightly before dawn.

Certainly this far north, there is usually sufficient light to shoot 45 or 50 minutes before sunrise, depends on the weather to a point. I like to be out on the ground a few minutes before that.

I'd get to the seat for about 05:30, one up the spout and thumb on the safety catch at 05:44!;)

Thereby, not only not shooting more than an hour before sunrise (per the law) but also, "arguably", keeping the rifle in Stages 1,2 or 3 for as long as "possible" (per BPG). Clever Monkey :D

[QUOTE M.S.]
[/QUOTE]

Thereby, not only not shooting more than an hour before sunrise (per the law) but also, "arguably", keeping the rifle in Stages 1,2 or 3 for as long as "possible" (per BPG). Clever Monkey :D

e30772.gif

Last edited:
Loaded and safe at 5.44 IS an hour before sunrise at 6.44 where I come from??????? Clever Tamus:D

In answer to the original question I try to be 1hr to 1hr 15mins before sunrise although in the summer even that is not early enough if you want to be in the seat undercover of darkness. This time of year 45 to 60mins seems to be enough

Last edited:
Back