Vacancy: Seasonal Stalking Ghillie

This is something I have thought I'd like to do myself one year. My question is: Is the seasonal vacancy always a full time position, where you live near or on the estate and work every day. Either as a guide or deer collector or as stated doing estate work in between. Or is it ever likely that a role could be on a basis of being there when clients are stalking?

The season al vacancy usually consists of being there full time living on or near to the estate, accomodation is provided in nearly all circumstances. You work full time either doing the deer work or if there are no clients you will get involved I other work related to the job ie repairing roads/tracks, feeding gamebirds if there are any, or other similar things depending on your skills and the requirement of the stalker.
It is an enjoyable job and gets you out onto places and scenery you wouldn't normally go to.... and of course you get up close and personal with deer.
You will also learn alot from your stalker and also from clients..... and again you will meet people you wouldn't normally meet from different walks of life.

Be aware that it can be isolated and inhospitable at times.... and hard work!..... but if you are in a position to do a seasonal ghillie job I would highly recommend it.

Absolutely stunning area of the country this. But isolated is an understatement.

Last edited:
It looks good on their web site too. The real scottish experience. Prices look ok as well. Shame I couldn't commit to a full time place for the winter I'm sure it would be an amazing experience. Perhaps in a year or two I'll get a chance.

Back