Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carding wheel

Carding wheel

Anyone here know where to get a carding wheel like Brownell's sell? (0.0025 stainless steel wire)
    Cannot seem to find 'sweet fa' in the UK any more!!!

England, a large country south of the Scottish Border
    Judging by the amount of replies I'm not alone here!
    wtf is a carding wheel

A carding wheel is a wire wheel used to remove a fine layer of rust when 'rust bluing' metal.
    Apologies if it was too difficult to look at brownell's web site and look up stainless carding wheel.....

Just came across this post.
    Being that i run a technology dept in a secondary school i actually have a quite few of varying sizes.
    After reading your ***** responce to buck, i suggest you use that Brownells link and buy one.

nice one scotsgun, he should look elsewhere. deerwarden

Any industrial supply store -if you all have such things in the UK- should have them. I use them quite a bit. Be careful! You can eat through the bluing with them.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    Just came across this post.
    Being that i run a technology dept in a secondary school i actually have a quite few of varying sizes.
    After reading your ***** responce to buck, i suggest you use that Brownells link and buy one.
    Take a leaf out of your own book when a question is asked by 'WTF is a....' what sort of answer would you expect??
    I guess we all are not as smart or smug as you. I pity your students and I bet they learn nothing but arrogance from you.
    But then running a technology department might only mean that you are a jumped up lab assistant and not a teacher.
    It costs nothing to ask a question politely and save the profanity until later.

It would appear that you are only here to start a flame well, up yours son, your 'credentials' do not impress me as neither does your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Any industrial supply store -if you all have such things in the UK- should have them. I use them quite a bit. Be careful! You can eat through the bluing with them.~Muir
    Believe it or not fine wire stainless wheels are like rocking hose poop here, have had a chat with the people who took over production of these wheels.
    They say market is too small here to bother to make them. Fine wire brass is easy to find and some normal steel small wheels are available..oh well maybe I might find someone in the states who would be interested in doing a swap for a kenyon trigger that I have!

Carding is one of the processes in the production of fine wool and, prior to the demise of the wool industry, was done
    by small and large mills throughout Yorkshire.

Carding wheels were developed for use in the wool trade and now that the trade has vanished other uses have been found for
    some of the equipment.

Brianm

A file card is very close to the wool cards that you talk about Brian.