Thread: geese!!

geese!!

can some one just tell me for once and all,can you shoot geese legally with a rifle while there on the ground?because it would be bloody hard shooting them while in flight,i keep being told that it's bloody terrible what you're doing and that's illegal!!many thanks

No, not illegal. Some would say unsporting, but if you're not doing it for sport, that hardly matters.
    Other than Canadas tough, you must still observe the relevant closed seasons.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Try going on the B.A.S.C. site as you will be in for a shock. not going to get into a debate just look for "YOURSELF"

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerboydy View Post
    Try going on the B.A.S.C. site as you will be in for a shock. not going to get into a debate just look for "YOURSELF"
    Put us a link up Boydy. I can find the bit about not using high cap semi-autos, but can't see anywhere saying use of a rifle is illegal.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

hi,just to clear up things it's greylag geese & there's hundreds upon hundreds doing serious damage to fields,where they are it big open fields can't get near them with a shotgun!!any advice appreciated!!

Try asking Griffshrek, I know he has experience of shooting geese with rifles and the regs involved.

ade

Quote Originally Posted by mrkipling View Post
    hi,just to clear up things it's greylag geese & there's hundreds upon hundreds doing serious damage to fields,where they are it big open fields can't get near them with a shotgun!!any advice appreciated!!
    This weeks Shooting Times has an article about decoying Canadas on stubble, might be worth a read.

ATB
    ade

Quote Originally Posted by mrkipling View Post
    Rocket's or i will sort them I'm used to dealing with 60000 in the winter and that is sixty thousand Geese

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    Put us a link up Boydy. I can find the bit about not using high cap semi-autos, but can't see anywhere saying use of a rifle is illegal.
    dont no how to do it, I never said it was illegal, but to look for your self as u'd be in for a shock (1) Rfle / gun Not CAPABLE of holding more than 1 in the chamber and two in the mag so that means a single shot rifle or one with a 2 shot mag(2)no semi auto (3) bullet type i was trying to point out by Law you cannot just stoke up and go there is a LOT of red tape if you want to play it by the Book. and it is only a matter of time before someone is made a example off Due to the hassle about Geese and Rifle abuse. Was only trying to help
    Last edited by stalkerboydy; 16-09-2010 at 00:17.

You need the specific condition for Geese on your f.a.c., I have Canada's on mine & you need to be working within the guidlines of the general licence, We use .223 with six round box mags.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!