New process for Temporary Export Certificate for South Africa

Safari Hunter

Hi Guys
Border Force have changed the rules again for the Temp Export Cert.
You must now apply with at least a months notice before you travel. New email address is:[FONT=&amp]bflhrfirearms@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk[/FONT]

You also need to fill in a form that you send with your paperwork, passport, flight details, FAC and Outfitters invite.

Cheers
Adrian[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Attachments

• Application for Temporary Export of Firearms to South Africa.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Good post Adrian I spent endless days trying to find the new contact details for the UU border force for my temp export license before finding it. I filled in this simple form and sent through also

invitation letter from outfitter
flight details
copy of passport
copy of all pages of FAC license

it took about 10 days to get the letter through from BF, why SA insist on this is a topic for discussion on its own ,

leaving on Friday for 14 days hunting in Eastern Cape, filled in SAP did not have time to do meet and greet but have six hours in Johannesburg before transfer to Port Elizabeth. Be great to just think about hunting and not admin !!

Stan it is a bit weird.
Tazz I am working on someone else for a meet and greet if you are interested. The 2 existing ones there have let my clients down badly so I refuse to get involved with them. The service I am looking at is purely meet at arrivals, walk through to SAPS, walk through to domestic check in, walk through to second SAPS and deliver to domestic terminal. Same on the way back. I do all the permits for my clients so the paperwork is right. It gets away from any bribery down there as some clients are nervous of it.

Cheers
Adrian

Hi Adrian, thanks very much for the offer. I went through last year with a U.K. based outfitter who accompanied myself and the other shooter with pre filled in 520’s and all went well. Given I have six hours I am going to give it a go on my own I have everything I need plus copies. In the event it turns in to a three act play I will use you in the future, thanks again for making the offer

Regards Keith

Just got my letter from Border Force. The form is just a summary of all information that we all supply. I would have thought quite pointless, however my letter came within 3 days after completion of said form and supply of documents.

Well done Border Force:D

I emailed Border Force a couple of days ago. They said you can pre apply as already stated or you can still get proof of temp export at Terminal 3 Heathrow on your way out as before.

Back