Thread: New from Alaska

New from Alaska

Hello UK stalkers.

I'm a 'stalker' from Alaska interested mostly in rifles. A fellow from another forum directed me here so I could look at some .22 RF Aquila SSS threads, and I thought I'd join 'the fray' and see how things shake out in a UK hunting forum.

Paul

Welcome from the wet and windy UK how far north are you. Sikadog
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Welcome to the site mate.

Stick around as there is plenty of info and banter to be had here.

wadas

Thanks folks.

Sikadog, I'm in Wasilla. About 50 miles north of Anchorage.

Paul

Hi mate, welcome. I have always wanted to visit Alaska, plenty of bear scat.
    Matt

Actually I'm off to shoot a 'problem' grizzly tomorrow. It's been eating a friend's goats.

Paul

welcome gitano! (is gitano Spanish?) what a great site you've chose!! not just UK stalkers on here but theres people like yourself on here from around the world too,all ready to offer/receive advice..enjoy!! steyr

Thanks, Steyr.

Gitano IS Spanish - means gypsy if I have been told correctly - but does not indicate that I am Spanish or have Spanish heritage. (I'm actually half Irish and half Croatian.) I'm not a 'gypsy' either. Gitano is a nick-name I had when I rode submarines in the US Navy.

As to the "multi-cultural" nature of SD, it was your own Brithunter that invited me here. He is one of the "Brits" that frequents a US site that also has a bit of a "multi-cultural" flavor, except the Brits are the minority there.

I lived in Europe for several years when I was a teenager, and I was fortunate enough to spend some time in England. I loved it. I have visited a couple of times as an adult, and am considering another visit in the not-too-distant future. I would dearly like to get some roe stalking in and some "rough" shooting as well.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Paul