Thread: Problems with Pigeon Watch-may have malware

Problems with Pigeon Watch-may have malware

Well just tried to get on pigeon watch and a huge warning came up saying the sight is thought to contain 'malware' is anyone else getting this message? and what kind of a virus is 'malware'?

George

when i logged on this morning antivirus put message up saying it had blocked something

Same here.........

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
    Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

George
    If you have any concerns re your own PC, you could use a tool like the following one?
    Malwarebytes
    I run this every couple of weeks for peace of mind. I also run a software inventory tool, keep my anti-virus up to date and have Windows fully patched.
    Regards JCS

I've just had a quick look and I think it is to do with their advertising banners and an exploit to inject malware into them. It's a similar problem that affected Photobucket a few months back. I'm sure that if you are fully patched with updated antivirus you won't have a problem viewing their site until they get it sorted.

Not that I'd want to plug the competition of course!

Alex

It's no competition, not even close!

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Im not worried about a virus after all...I'm on a mac

G

Quote Originally Posted by groach1234 View Post

G
    Same here, but I still get the warning, so will leave it alone till they fix it.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by groach1234 View Post

G
    I think you will find that Macs are not immune from virus's, just less usually targeted, if someone decides they want your bank details you are wide open