Thread: Midlands game dealers

Midlands game dealers

Hi All
    Following on from Muntjac milkers post "Game dealers in Hereford"

I like most struggle to get a reliable outlet at a fair price for my venison in Hereford/Worcestershire/Gloucestershire.

I've been looking at varous ways of getting around this but for any of these to work I need greater numbers of deer, would any of you be interested in selling your venison to me if I set something up???? obviously it would have to be a fair price but in theory what do you think.

Cheers Wayne

Wayne, I don't often get a surplus of venison, but this last winter I had 5 fallow in 10 days which was too much for my chiller. So if you start something up I would be glad to sell any surplus to you! I did supply some "in fur" to a restaurant and used a friend's larder to cut some up for selling privately but could not cope with all of the beasts as i did not have the chiller space.

There are a few butchers who wanted to give me 30.00 for a fallow pricket, I managed to get 35.00 from one, but I had to gralloch the beast, lose it's head and trim the legs. I hear other people talk of getting much more for their venison, perhaps i only know the wrong people?

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    Wayne, I don't often get a surplus of venison, but this last winter I had 5 fallow in 10 days which was too much for my chiller. So if you start something up I would be glad to sell any surplus to you! I did supply some "in fur" to a restaurant and used a friend's larder to cut some up for selling privately but could not cope with all of the beasts as i did not have the chiller space.

There are a few butchers who wanted to give me 30.00 for a fallow pricket, I managed to get 35.00 from one, but I had to gralloch the beast, lose it's head and trim the legs. I hear other people talk of getting much more for their venison, perhaps i only know the wrong people?

ft
    Hi Ft
    My problems never been price I get good money local probably double what you are quoting. The problem is they all want loads in Nov/Dec and but we shoot the bulk in Jan/Feb. As i said I've got a couple of ideas but would need a lot more to make it worth while. Give me a bell we can have chat.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post

ft
    FT
    At that price I will give you 30 all day long and you can leave the jacket, head and feet on
    is that delivered??
    Sorry Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    FT
    At that price I will give you 30 all day long and you can leave the jacket, head and feet on
    is that delivered??
    Sorry Wayne

Yes so would I Rich, but I'm looking to make money out of anyone.

I've spoken to a quite few stalkers who have the same problem as I they can sell loads pre xmas at a premium price but cant shift bugger all in any quantity after xmas.

I was thinking along the lines of setting up a collection point/points for one of the decent game dealers who would pay a fair price.

All stalkers/estates label there own deer and all monies paid direct the individual stalker/estate. We would need good numbers to make it worth while for everyone and I'm sure the more we got the higher price we could get.

We are shooting more and more every year so its only going to get harder to shift them local. I butchered all my Roe and Muntjac last year which was more than I had time (and enthusiasm) to do. I certainly dont want to do 50-60 Fallow on top

atb Wayne

hi wayne
    have you got an idea of what sort of money u will get as i can get high numbers most months if needed and price was right
    cheers lee