Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irish stalking contacts?

Irish stalking contacts?

I'm just back from my first visit to Ireland on honeymoon, what a lovely country!

I'm looking forward to going back and doing some stalking. Does anyone have any contacts? Particulally West coast or Connemara areas?
    I saw a lot of forestry and the few bits I poked my nose into were covered in Sika sized slots so I gather they're not short of deer over there.

Andy

There was a guy advertising stalking in Wicklow a couple of months back in the Stalking Available section.

Up north there's an outfit, Glennoo Shoot. One of the guys, Damian, did my DSC1 training/assessment as part of a BDS course, nice guy. Never been stalking with him, but will next time I'm back home.

Damian McElholm
    info@glennooshoot.com

we have stalking cull and trophy ,on about 20,000 acres . in wicklow . there is a few deer on it to

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonandy View Post
    I'm just back from my first visit to Ireland on honeymoon, what a lovely country!

I'm looking forward to going back and doing some stalking. Does anyone have any contacts? Particulally West coast or Connemara areas?
    I saw a lot of forestry and the few bits I poked my nose into were covered in Sika sized slots so I gather they're not short of deer over there.

Andy
    John Fenton in Co Wicklow,fantastic bloke,superb ground stuffed with Sika,Ive been over a few time but unfortunatley price has stopped me lately,like everything else rich men bidding for his leases has made the price he charges go up,last time i spoke to him it was 220 euro a day then take your ferry costs and accomodation you can eat into 1000 for a weekend

Quote Originally Posted by stig View Post
    Up north there's an outfit, Glennoo Shoot. One of the guys, Damian, did my DSC1 training/assessment as part of a BDS course, nice guy. Never been stalking with him, but will next time I'm back home.

Damian McElholm
    info@glennooshoot.com
    I know people that have been out with Damian for Fallow, they couldn't speak highly enough of him. Plan to go myself sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by long shot View Post
    John Fenton in Co Wicklow,fantastic bloke,superb ground stuffed with Sika,Ive been over a few time but unfortunatley price has stopped me lately,like everything else rich men bidding for his leases has made the price he charges go up,last time i spoke to him it was 220 euro a day then take your ferry costs and accomodation you can eat into 1000 for a weekend
    with the exchange rate its just 185 pounds a day @ .. worth every penny .

Quote Originally Posted by irishgun View Post
    with the exchange rate its just 185 pounds a day @ .. worth every penny .
    I totally agree with you,some of the best days stalking I have had was with John,its a shame the added expence of ferry costs push the price of a weekend through the roof,I really miss my anual trips accross
    I presume you may know John ???

Quote Originally Posted by long shot View Post
    I totally agree with you,some of the best days stalking I have had was with John,its a shame the added expence of ferry costs push the price of a weekend through the roof,I really miss my anual trips accross
    I presume you may know John ???
    very well ,i stalk with him ... you should get a group of 4 and do a 2 on1 ...

Quote Originally Posted by irishgun View Post
    very well ,i stalk with him ... you should get a group of 4 and do a 2 on1 ...
    your not Jim are you