Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice Needed

Advice Needed

Hi
    I am new to this site.Just wondered how people get on with Guntrader.I have a couple of guns to sell.I have heard you get a lot of time wasters ,you post it to their nearest gun dealer and then they send it back costing 30-40 .Anyone had any experience?

Secondly what do these guns actually sell for ? One is Tikka 595 .243 R/H , threaded,proofed, very tidy odd scratch but otherwise very tidy .There is 3 on guntrader at present one which looks similar to mine but unthreaded @495 and 2 slightly better ones @ 600,any are better than 750 for a new poxy T3 .I was thinking around 450 but I do not want to be wasting time and money posting here and there.The only reason I want sell it is because I have found the same in L/H.
    The second is a CZ 452 .17HMR American 20" heavy barrel ,imaculate shot less than 150 shots what's it worth 250 ?
    Please advise I need to move these before I can replace my .243
    thanks Steve

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen2 View Post
    Hi
    I am new to this site.Just wondered how people get on with Guntrader.I have a couple of guns to sell.I have heard you get a lot of time wasters ,you post it to their nearest gun dealer and then they send it back costing 30-40 .Anyone had any experience?

Secondly what do these guns actually sell for ? One is Tikka 595 .243 R/H , threaded,proofed, very tidy odd scratch but otherwise very tidy .There is 3 on guntrader at present one which looks similar to mine but unthreaded @495 and 2 slightly better ones @ 600,any are better than 750 for a new poxy T3 .I was thinking around 450 but I do not want to be wasting time and money posting here and there.The only reason I want sell it is because I have found the same in L/H.
    The second is a CZ 452 .17HMR American 20" heavy barrel ,imaculate shot less than 150 shots what's it worth 250 ?
    thanks Steve
    Pity you havent enough posts yet as you could have listed them here in the for sale section.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    Pity you havent enough posts yet as you could have listed them here in the for sale section.
    classic

To be fair, you need to give the guy a little slack for being creative......
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen2 View Post
    Hi

thanks Steve
    My advice would be to spend some time on this site, get your 10 posts and then post. A good HMR would go for between 200 - 300 depending on condition, threaded, mod etc.

Quote Originally Posted by long shot View Post
    classic
    Unfortunately this is how the site is going!! If you don't have anything constructive to say, why not keep your fingers away from typing rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a new member seeking advice.

Quote Originally Posted by 1995rs View Post
    Unfortunately this is how the site is going!! If you don't have anything constructive to say, why not keep your fingers away from typing rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a new member seeking advice.
    And if the post havnt had been edited before you took it opon yourself to pass comment you would have seen the funny side of it,obviously your the one too quick to hit the key board

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by 1995rs View Post
    In all fairness long shot thought my constructive remark was amusing for myself I was merely stating the facts the rules here are quite simple you need 10 posts on the site before being able to come on here and post up anything you like in the for sale section, as far as i am aware this rule was introduced for this very purpose to stop it,
    Bye the way I have a shed full of encylopedias for sale 50 is anyone wants them as they are no longer required as the wife knows absolutely everything.
    I am also in the market for a blonde with rather large tits who will be prepared to act as my gun bearer and i will pay renumeration in kind, so any offers considered ,sorry for placing this in the incorrect area but as every other bleeders doing it i just thought i would not like to be left out.

Stephen,

Welcome to the site.

I've only ever bought stuff through Guntrader so I can only give the buyers perspective rather than the sellers.

I've had mixed experiences. My conclusion is that the accuracy of the description of whatever you're selling is crucial. I once bought a 20 bore Browning off GT. It was sent to my RFD and turned out to be mint as described. I bought it no problem and was happy to pay the 20 TNT fee as it saved me alot in petrol and time.

On the flip side, I once arranged to have a rifle sent which was described as in mint, unmarked condition. It was priced accordingly at only a couple of hundred quid less than a new one. When it arrived it had done quite alot more work than I was expecting and certainly didn't fit either the description or the price. I had a minor ding dong with the seller and refused to pay him for sending it to me.

I think you need to be as honest as possible with your description and add plenty of photos.

Alternatively, make a few more posts on here and then add them to the classifieds.

Cheers,

Bob

I have only really had one dealing with Guntrader. Located a rifle that I wanted on it then contacted the dealer by phone had a chat and he sent it down to a dealer 10 miles from me saving me a nearly 4 hour drive. The rifle was as described and I am happy with the transaction. yes I would use it again. I am looking a nice very clean rifle on it right now... sadly as I don't have the funds so I am only looking.