Thread: Heart pounding moment

Heart pounding moment

I purchased 10 acres of young spruce with a deer lawn A year or so ago. I have only visited once a month and have been keeping things quite.

I have seen several hinds and tonight walked into a stag...almost.

As I approached the corner of the spruces I caught a glimpse of some movement. I lowered myself to the ground, and watched him move around and I was only 30 feed away from him. I was well hidden aside of the foot or so from ground to the first growth of the spruce branches.

As he moved up the deer lawn I slowly rose behind the spruces but he must have seen me as he ran off. Or he heard my heart pounding!

My question now is what strategy would you now employ?

Get there early at incase he is back or do a morning stalk? Would he be back? He didn't wind me or get full sight of me he just saw some minor movement.

I couldn't get a clean shot so hence my question.

Regards
    ArthursC

Sounds exciting Arthur!
    With such a small area, they will always have the upper hand on you.
    If the trees are young, best get a well camouflaged free standing highseat or blind built and sneak into it before first light or well before last light.
    Good luck!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Sounds exciting Arthur!
    With such a small area, they will always have the upper hand on you.
    If the trees are young, best get a well camouflaged free standing highseat or blind built and sneak into it before first light or well before last light.
    Good luck!
    MS
    My thoughts exactly. Just wanted some endorsement. I have a blind build up against an old oak that has some nicely placed branches. I might camp out...lol. He was at least 12 pointer from what i could see from him grazing.

Thanks.