Vacancy: Cullers

Henry Straker

Along with an assistant, I supply deer control services to the Scottish farming and forest industries. With a view to the future, I am always keen to hear from passionate, presentable and honest individuals who are driven and disciplined in their day-to-day practices and willing to evolve and emulate the ethos of an established reputation.

If you are a culling practitioner who has yet to know it all but is confident that they have something to offer, full or part-time, please get in touch via my email: henrystraker@hotmail.com with the subject headed ‘Culler’. Please attach a CV, with particular focus on your deer-experience and ability.

NB. DSC2 and some professional culling experience is a minimum requirement

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
I think the OP is looking for person(s) who wish to cull deer for a living(it's not the same a stalking one or two deer) with a no-nonsense approach. He has stated some of the key requirements. There could be very good opportunities for the right people, it will be physically hard and demanding but certainly worth doing in my eyes.

this would be an opportunity to gain vast experience for a younger ,much fitter person than me but i would have liked to get involved in deer culling.30 years to late for me!

lighten up it's just a bit of harmless banter, no one died, I think plenty of time to get serious on the hill, I very much doubt Henry Straker is losing any sleep over a few light hearted comments. If he is he can pm me and I'll apologised/explain myself personally. far too many people getting "offended" on others behalf lately.

good luck Henry in your search, great opportunity for someone.

lighten up it's just a bit of harmless banter, no one died, I think plenty of time to get serious on the hill, I very much doubt Henry Straker is losing any sleep over a few light hearted comments. If he is he can pm me and I'll apologised/explain myself personally. far too many people getting "offended" on others behalf lately.

good luck Henry in your search, great opportunity for someone.

Agreed, lots of 'special snowflakes' on here sometimes that can't have a laugh.

Maybe, but also I know a lot of people who have stopped posting on this site (inc me for write ups etc) because of the immature and/or pointless comments that have become more and more common as the community has grown.

I think anyone who knows me knows I have a sense of humour but, IMHO those posts are best placed in the Off Topic, Jokes and funnies section. PS I wish I was young enough to be a Snowflake.

Agreed, lots of 'special snowflakes' on here sometimes that can't have a laugh.

Back