Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Statistics.?

Statistics.?

The Stalking Directory Statistics

Members 19,136 Active Members 3,176

so simply put 15,960 members are "inactive" ?? "whassamatta,,,,cat got yer tongues"

seriously though it doesn't even seem like there's a few dozen people on here. [who actually post anything]

at the time of this post,,

Currently Active Users

There are currently 230 users online. 65 members and 165 guests
    Most users ever online was 386, 18-03-2018 at 20:51.

much has been said about the "voices" of shooting, the figures seem to indicate more of a "silence"

purely an observational point.

but be interesting perhaps to hear an explanation/discussion.
    It's sad that not everyone shares your point of view, but there's not enough room up your ass for everyone's head.

The silent majority. I expect there are many "fallow" members who look in but rarely and contribute even more rarely, if at all. But to be fair, the information on here and the knowledge is something of a reference resource to many. Although I do pipe up on here fairly regularly, I am on other forums (one for my motorcycle, for example) where I hardly call in at all, in fact maybe 6 months might go by (mostly in the winter). But I'm not sure we should condemn people for not taking a more active role.

Perhaps it's better to say nothing than just post things for the sake of it that are meaningless. I often write a reply on here, read it back and think to myself that I am just repeating what someone else has said, or my post doesn't really contribute to the discussion and then delete it before posting. Although this one manages to get through my vetting process.

What would you do? Jettison members who haven't contributed for a certain period? Not convinced that is a good idea, unless the period is a very long one.

Most of them have asked opinions on a Blaser 6.5x55 and then read the replies

What defines active and inactive?

I know i would never say anything on here.

Some of the inactive members will be people who no longer want to be members here and would have unsubscribed, but that’s not possible.
    Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by kenbro View Post
    Some of the inactive members will be people who no longer want to be members here and would have unsubscribed, but that’s not possible.
    Ken.
    Correct Ken, even banned and suspended member's posts are resurrected like Tory voters on here .john

Quote Originally Posted by Highlandsjohn View Post
    Correct Ken, even banned and suspended member's posts are resurrected like Tory voters on here .john
    Or they could be remoners who have nothing to contribute
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Perhaps the no-contributors just buy things via PMs.
    I sold something to a member I have never heard of before or since.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    The silent majority. I expect there are many "fallow" members who look in but rarely and contribute even more rarely, if at all. But to be fair, the information on here and the knowledge is something of a reference resource to many. Although I do pipe up on here fairly regularly, I am on other forums (one for my motorcycle, for example) where I hardly call in at all, in fact maybe 6 months might go by (mostly in the winter). But I'm not sure we should condemn people for not taking a more active role.

Perhaps it's better to say nothing than just post things for the sake of it that are meaningless. I often write a reply on here, read it back and think to myself that I am just repeating what someone else has said, or my post doesn't really contribute to the discussion and then delete it before posting. Although this one manages to get through my vetting process.

What would you do? Jettison members who haven't contributed for a certain period? Not convinced that is a good idea, unless the period is a very long one.

ok pedro, with respect the post isn't meant to condemn anyone, especially for not posting,,[that's hardly likely to encourage them is it?]

and I too often find others posts well worth a read, especially those with superior knowledge. ["yer never too old ta learn" as the saying goes]

I often write something and then delete it not necessarily because someone else has said it , but usually 'cos people seem to misunderstand my manner and start to sidetrack me into a meaningless internet argument, not something that happens person to person I can assure you, for no other reason other than there's no mistaking my words and their emphasis. I find it difficult to back down and enormously frustrated I have to listen to b/s I wouldn't have to if face to face. there's just more respect both ways.
    this was vetted and like your post,,, got through.

the most users online ever was only 386 clearly nobody has much to say.

and realistically speaking there's no point in "jettisoning" people who are no longer here anyway. so like you not convinced its worthwhile.
    It's sad that not everyone shares your point of view, but there's not enough room up your ass for everyone's head.