Get Together and Friendly Shoot Monmouth - October 31st

8x57

Distinguished Member
Rearranged Monmouth Shoot
The friendly shoot at Monmouth that was originally arranged for Sunday 22nd August has now been rearranged for Sunday 31st October.
As before any shooter wishing to attend this shoot should please pm me with their email address and contact details. I will then email all relevant information and ask for a non returnable deposit of £6 in the form of a cheque made out to the help for heroes charity.

Over the next few days I will contact those shooters who previously contacted me but just in case I miss any one don't be afraid to contact me if you haven't heard anything by Tuesday.

Don't forget that in order to shoot you must contact me first, it's no good turning up on the day and expecting to shoot. The course of fire and rules etc. will all be as before.

Information Pack
View attachment 2671

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Finn, I will send you the details just as soon as I can.

I hope you don't shoot as fast as you reply to postings - you'll burn your barrel out :D

Emails have been sent out to those that previously expressed an interest in this shoot, but only to those that bothered to actually send me their email addresses. If you are interested in the re-arranged date of Sunday 31st October please pm me your contact details and I will give you an address to which deposits/entrance fees can be sent.
As before - You must pre-book, you can't just turn up on the day and expect to shoot.
I'm hoping that now holidays are over and other distractions that interfere with the important things in life, we will have a good day.

As a little taster and added incentive here is what the most successful 'practice/zeroer' can look forward to having on their mantelpiece for a year, awarded at the discretion of 8x57. So get your deposits in soon people! :D

Alex

trophy.jpg

That's a superb trophy that Alex has put up on behalf of The Stalking Directory site and as Alex said it will look good on your mantlepiece for a year only, because hopefully this will become an annual event. Once again this is a demonstration of the generosity of people and organisations towards this meet.

I have also received from Gordon Robbie and his family another extremely generous offer. They own a small self contained (self catering) cottage which sleeps 3 adults. Gordon has said that the fees from anyone staying at this cottage, which is only a few miles from the range, attending the shoot will be donated to the H4H fund. From such a small family business at a time when incomes are restricted is exceptionally generous. Knowing Gordon I know that all guests will be well received and I just hope for the sake of the fund that someone takes up this offer. www.llwynafarm.co.uk

In the information that I have sent out to date I seem to have missed changing the date of the event in one place. Just to confirm the meet is on Sunday 31st October starting at 10 a.m.

That's a pity Richard because it's looking to be a good day. The deposits are starting to roll in and the Gordon Robbie who is prepared to donate the rent from his cottage to H4H if any shooter should hire it that weekend has now offered to donate a pig for a hog roast. We haven't confirmed this yet until more definate informtion is known regarding numbers.
Just to let the following know that I have received their cheques; Bandit Country, 243varmint,Dekit and SteveF in the last two days.

I've moved these posts into a new thread and attached the info pack so the details are easier to find.

Mike my cheque should be with you on Monday or Tuesday

Alex

Thanks Alex.
The cheques are stating to come in but some people are still leaving it till later. It would be very much apreciated and make life easier if we could have the deposits as soon as possible. I may have already mentioned that a suckling pig has been donated for a hog roast but it will only be worth the effort of sorting this out if we have enough confirmed numbers before hand. To be regarded as confirmed numbers deposits must be received.

Looking forward to it, doubt if the Trophy will be mine but i will try and give it a shot .

Dekit ( Steve )

Last edited:
Hello Mike,
Please book me in , sounds like a good day. I'm a new member and want to put some faces to 'names' !!!!

Cheers

Ade

That's great Ade, just pm me your email address and contact details and I will send all the information currently available along with the address to send your deposit to.

Back