Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Availability of components

Availability of components

It's good to have a backup load in the cupboard, as you never know when you might need it! 7mm WSM, Howa 1500 in stains less (not a typo), on one of those awful bendy Hogue overmoulds, @ 100yds off a Defender roof. VihtaVuori N165 63 grains, CCI Magnum primer, once fired brass (Winchester), 162 grain Hornady SST. Final tweaked load was shot using a fixed ten power Bushnell Elite 3200 mildot.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Steve, that is a very useful backup load.

I do the same thing here in N Ireland. You need two or three loads developed, at any one time you may not be able to lay hands on your prefered powder or bullet, or both...
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

For me, the availability and cost of ammuntition, both factory rnds and components, has led me to the decision to sell all of my rifles and replace them with three. Hopefully I will end up with a Sako Finnfire, Sako .243 (plus my Sako estate rifle) and a Sako .30-'06. Basically I have lost interest in my rifles and now only want quality, accuracy and reliability. Standby for the classified adds once I get some photos sorted out. JC

"Basically I have lost interest in my rifles and now only want quality, accuracy and reliability."

JC275 should we therefore regard any rifles you advertise for sale as being of poor quality, inaccurate and unreliable.

Only joking, I am sure that you are simply reducing the number of calibres that you need to source ammo for. It's just the way I read it at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    "Basically I have lost interest in my rifles and now only want quality, accuracy and reliability."

JC275 should we therefore regard any rifles you advertise for sale as being of poor quality, inaccurate and unreliable.

Only joking, I am sure that you are simply reducing the number of calibres that you need to source ammo for. It's just the way I read it at first glance.
    mmmm... I probably could have worded that better!

JC

I think that its a bit like saying that you have lost interest in trying to improve something that you consider unimproveable, so you will settle for Sako's!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Account Suspended
    Three Sakos. That sounds pretty solid. Maybe I've judged you harshly JC275. Clearly you are a man of discerning taste, no-matter your choice of words

I'll second that, I have a Sako and a Tikka myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    I'll second that, I have a Sako and a Tikka myself.
    I`ll third that, I have 1 Sako, 2 Tikka, 1 Carl Gustaf, 1 CZ and a BSA rimmy. [I have just given away a Weatherby Mk.5 8X68S to my Swedish moose hunting buddy.]

HWH.

I think that I may have gone through several of the stages of the stalkers life! Started out with the basic kit then, over 20 years, spent God knows how much on different stuff only to finally realise that you really only need one shotgun, one .22lr, one small deer rifle and one big deer rifle! JC