May-June Muntjac Bucks

TomT3

Good afternoon Gentleman,

What is the general feeling on stalking Muntjac bucks at this time of year? I appreciate that they do not have a season but obviously they may potentially be shedding.
I’m not sure whether to wait until July/August to start stalking.
I know Roe bucks are in season too but they are limited where I shoot!.

I’ve been shooting for a long time but I am new to deer stalking so would like your opinions please.

thanks in advance

Tom

Personally I shoot them all year round regardless of sex but that is because we want to keep the numbers low

I may just add that I’m not intending to shoot does at this time of year also.

I wont be shooting for cull purposes on this particular permission just the odd one to start with.

Just realised I tapped the wrong thread this was meant to be in general deer stalking-not legal thread! Can admin close and move plz?

good afternoon ,shoot muntjac <you stand very little chance of wiping them out >..when ever you get the chance the numbers do increase rapidly once they have found a favourable area. good hunting and enjoy the venison.

Most of my bucks are now coming into velvet, but as I don't collect "Trophies" I still shoot them. Does ? well I just shoot the big,fat ones all year as generally they won't have a fawn at foot.

I personally shoot them all year round - The keepers on our bit of ground want them managed pretty aggressively so if a shot presents they get slotted.

Back