Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: midland game fair

midland game fair

so for those who went what did you think of it, and did you purchase? we thought there wasnt as much there this year, i supose some havent made it through the bad times. i got myself a new pair of boots, and i wanted 2 shields one for a roe buck, and the other for my sika i shot last week but there was no chance i was paying 45 for them , all in all it was a good day, met up with a few members of here, and it was a good day with the weather until the last part of the day.

Oi Tika Tightwad!

If you are a bit handy with a jigsaw and a pencil you can make your own shields. P.M. me if you want a nice bit of timber, I save all the offcuts from jobs where I work. Got some nice wide oak, which would work for the sika I think, as well as some lesser pieces which would do for a roe. Let me know buddy.
    Glad you had a goodish day.

Buckup.

cheers mark, if im stuck i will let you know. you read my mind iam going to do them myself when i get a minute.hope you keeping well fella

its ever since i have known wadas, he taught me how to look after the pennies

Quote Originally Posted by tika.308 View Post
    its ever since i have known wadas, he taught me how to look after the pennies
    Hence the term began,,,,,,Tight ar*e Wadas, later shortened to plain Tight Wads. I love the rich history of our language.

Quote Originally Posted by buckup View Post
    Hence the term began,,,,,,Tight ar*e Wadas, later shortened to plain Tight Wads. I love the rich history of our language.
    Thought my ears were burning, I`ll have you know Mark, that old Andy got me a welly bag from the Gamefair yesterday, i asked him to look out for one and he could spend as much as he wanted up to a tenner, and do you know what, he came in right on budget.

wadas

like last week wadas, when you said lets do the food shopping up north, we are not paying them dorset prices and i thought tesco would charge the same country wide

[QUOTE and i thought tesco would charge the same country wide [/QUOTE]

They do pack your shopping in free welly bags when you shop there though

Hi Tika.308,

I'd never been to the Midland before and made the journey with a few stalking pals of mine.

First impressions count and in my view the size and amount of shooting suppliers from clothing to rifles and kit was far better then the CLA.

Whilst I dont think there were bargins to be had and I'm still waiting for the call to say i've one the Quad Bike.. The amount of shooting equipment and suppliers I wanted to catch up with and check out for the first time was great.

I dont think i'll bother with the CLA event next year and just head to the Midland instead.

Cheers

Robbo25

glad you enjoyed it Robbo25, it is a nice fair, and i think with the price of the cla now more and more will just head to the midland. i hope you win the quad bike