Available: 2 Guns in DIY Syndicate Nr Skipton North Yorks

wilbert

There are 2 guns available in our small DIY syndicate on the Bordley Estate which is about 8 miles from Skipton. The ground extends to just over 2500 acres and has a wide variation of woodland, moorland, rough ground. There is a fair amount of walking involved and you need to be reasonably fit. A dog is essential and although a 4 x4 is desirable it is not needed as there are farm roads to gain access to the meeting points. We are putting down 700 pheasants again this year after a record season last year (55% return). There are 3 or 4 walked up shoot days from August (grouse day) into early October when we switch to mainly driven shooting (beat one stand one) where there will be approx. 10 days from October to Jan. We shoot on Saturday with the exception of boxing day and 1st Feb. Bags are usually in the 30 to 40 bracket but I hope to have a couple of 50+ days again this season. Some help will be required on working parties (MAINLY Feb to June) and a small amount of feeding in the first 2 weeks of July. After that all feeding is taken care of. Subs are £560 plus a one off payment of £200 to cover the cost of the quad bike. This is refundable should any guns leave but reduces by £50 per year as the quad depreciates in value. Members can bring a guest providing there is space to fit them in. Pest control plus the odd Roe is also available outside of organised shoot days. For more details PM me and I will give you my number to talk further and arrange a meeting to view the land etc.

Dave

Dave if I was closer I would of jumped at the chance. Very good value.good luck with your advert.
Atb jay

Lovely part of the world, just the sort of thing I've been looking for too, can't believe I missed this!

Hi, I am looking for some land for pest control, is rabbit, pigeon, squirrel, magpie ect, I have permission over in Harrogate and Thirsk area but would like some daytime permission as I am retired. I shoot shotgun and airgun and wondered if this might be possible on your land, pm me if you would like to discuss it further
Martin Hart

Back