BASC: Update on Licencing Issues May 2018

Picked up via a posting on Facebook.

Medical involvement in firearms licensing – policy updates

https://basc.org.uk/medical-involvement-in-firearms-licensing/

This wasnt on the BASC news website today (earlier) and isnt currently - why would that be as members cant generally access it.
It sounds familiar and an a*** covering exercise. I like the quote " we reserve the right to use legal process" or somesuch. Late it certainly is, almost irrelevant and rather pathetic but thats BASC - I think its fair to say that the proposal for Compulsory Guidance (not being a feature of this'news' ) means BASC is behind the 8 ball and desperate. Doesnt affect me but as all Shooting orgs are the same it makes one wonder why they think they have any role as they are so obviously impotent and struggling for self-justification - or is that Members subs. Perhaps ******** is a better assessment.

"This wasnt on the BASC news website today (earlier) and isnt currently - why would that be as members cant generally access it."

Strange,but true,as a BASC concerned member I checked their website BUT did not find this.May be time to rethink my thoughts re: conspiracy theories.Sadly this response means I will(unless unexpected change) will cancel my August BASC renewal.I am not in any way bashing BASC,as I will not be joining any other shooting org:none meet my needs or expectations.

Sorry but I think this statement is nothing short of an arse covering statement!

Speaking as an expert in corporate ********, I can translate for you: “we have been blustering about legal action but we have decided that in actual fact we have no testicles. Smooth like Action Man down there. We think that a conversational and conciliatory style will get better results than being confrontational, like Obama managed to appease Russia and persuade them not to invade the Crimea or Ukraine or start carpet bombing in Syria.”

Back